Merchandise - Sales Associate
Company: Universal Studios
Location: Orlando, FL
Date Posted: January 20, 2015
Source: Universal Studios
Universal Orlando Sales Associates have the unique opportunity to provide extraordinary service to our guests by assisting them with the selection and ...
Universal Orlando Sales Associates have the unique opportunity to provide extraordinary service to our guests by assisting them with the selection and purchase of a special gift for a loved one back home or a souvenir that will remind them of their Universal Orlando vacation for a lifetime.
Sales Associates at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Providing an interactive guest experience through the utilization of suggestive sales techniques and product demonstrations in a positive and outgoing manner.
- Processing merchandise sales and returns using a cash register; Wrapping and bagging merchandise; Handle cash, credit card transactions, travelers’ checks and discounts.
- Stocking and retrieving merchandise and supplies.
- Maintaining sales floor or carts appearance standards by cleaning floor surface, dusting counters and displays using cloths, brooms, brushes and/or cleaning agents.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Sales Associate successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months to one year of retail experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Sales Associate job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The individual is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Sales Associate job.
- While performing the duties of this job an individual may be required to support an outdoor retail location and therefore will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This will be determined based on business need and staffing levels.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Other jobs you might like
SoftRock Inc- Orlando, FL
Advisor Customer Support and Acquisition SoftRock is seeking candidates who want to assist individuals with their long-term career goals while working for the company ...2 days ago from SoftRock Inc
Sit N Sleep- Kissimmee, FL
We are looking for an experienced furniture salesperson who is highly motivated, hard-working, and a quick learner. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferable. This company ...2 days ago from Sit N Sleep
Watson Realty Corp- Fern Park, FL
Are You in a Retail Sales Position With Limited Potential? Maybe You Should Consider Using Your Talents as a Real Estate Agent. Finding Opportunity in the Most Unlikely ...1 day ago from Watson Realty Corp
Liberty Mutual- Altamonte Springs, FL
Description: Advance your Sales career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company! Under moderate supervision, acts as an assistant to Executive Sales ...2 days ago from liberty Mutual Insurance
Bluegreen Vacations- Orlando, FL
Activation Associate (Outbound Call Center Reservationist) You deserve a successful and rewarding career and Bluegreen Vacations has one for you! Were now hiring for ...4 hours ago from JobNewsUSA.com
WorkInSports- Orlando, FL
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and ...3 days ago from WorkInSports.com
Hiregy- Lake Mary, FL
Job Snapshot Hiring Company: Hiregy Employee Type: Full-time Location: Lake Mary, FL Job Type: Sales Job Description Are you looking for more from your career? Hiregy ...2 days ago from getwarehousejobs.com