Associate Director of HEOR Field - Virginia and Washington DC - (Health Economics and Outcomes Research)
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: July 17, 2014
Source: Boehringer Ingelheim
Associate Director of HEOR Field - Virginia and Washington DC - (Health Economics and Outcomes Research)-143201
Leads the corporation in assigned customer segments within the U.S. in the communication of the health economic/outcomes/EBM value propositions and facilitates customer implementation of disease management programs utilizing BI-created materials in therapeutic areas of interest to BI. This includes the use of resources that require expertise in scientific/outcomes research and knowledge of systems and processes used by customers to deliver disease management services to members. In concert with assigned field matrix colleagues and internal HEOR research colleagues, participates in product value proposition development, business planning, and execution which includes the ongoing systematic analysis of assigned organized customer groups to identify and engage appropriate individuals for communication of HEOR and disease management messages. The individual serves as a liaison between customers in multiple market segments and BI-matrixed workgroups to ...
Associate Director of HEOR Field - Virginia and Washington DC - (Health Economics and Outcomes Research)-143201
Leads the corporation in assigned customer segments within the U.S. in the communication of the health economic/outcomes/EBM value propositions and facilitates customer implementation of disease management programs utilizing BI-created materials in therapeutic areas of interest to BI. This includes the use of resources that require expertise in scientific/outcomes research and knowledge of systems and processes used by customers to deliver disease management services to members. In concert with assigned field matrix colleagues and internal HEOR research colleagues, participates in product value proposition development, business planning, and execution which includes the ongoing systematic analysis of assigned organized customer groups to identify and engage appropriate individuals for communication of HEOR and disease management messages. The individual serves as a liaison between customers in multiple market segments and BI-matrixed workgroups to assure that utilized resources reflect customer needs for information and services provided by HEOR. The individual will be responsible for training and communication of developed/MLR-approved resources across all segments/channels and managed markets field personnel. The individual must possess a strong understanding of the managed care marketplace, large organized customers, quality-improvement programs, scientific principles of health economics, outcomes research, evidence-based medicine and disease management programs as well as excellent ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders on these topics.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Consult and establish relationships with Medical Directors, Pharmacy Directors, clinical pharmacists, outcomes personnel, disease management coordinators, quality improvement specialists, and others as required, in regard to their needs for clinical, health economics, outcomes, evidentiary data, disease management resources and tools to support brand/disease value propositions and quality improvement efforts in disease states of interest to BI.
* Lead/manage/support implementation of health economics, outcomes and disease management resources and initiatives with customers and accounts. Coordinate with the BIPI Account Management team to develop zone, account and channel specific strategic plans to ensure effective utilization of HEOR information, services, and tools.
* Participate in a variety of internal workgroups in conjunction with HEOR research and marketing colleagues to develop strategies, tactics, and tools to support the HEOR field function.
* Communicate account and project activities and provide status updates routinely to key internal stakeholders (monthly reports, best practices, objection management etc).
* Develop and coordinate all regional/zone HEOR internal training needs, as necessary.
* Support assigned Zone(s) in achieving field force effectiveness via the incorporation and delivery of HEOR tools and services to support strategies for maximizing product access and utilization across all assigned market segments and customers.
* Support assigned Zone(s) in achieving field force effectiveness via the incorporation and delivery of HEOR tools and services that support strategies for optimizing customers’ disease management and quality improvement programs in disease states of interest to BI.
* Provide support to customers in analyzing and interpreting health outcomes data and assist customers in use of this information with the goal of optimizing quality improvement and disease management initiatives within their organizations.
* Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD) focused in Pharmaceutics AND/OR Masters degree (e.gl MBA, MSc) focused in Medicine AND/OR Professional Training focused in Economics
* Health Economics and Outcomes Research - study design, interpretation, and communication
* Disease Management systems and processes, medication therapy management programs, and transitions of care programs.
* Knowledge of US healthcare industry trends, and in-depth knowledge of US Payers and organized providers and their impact on the pharmaceutical industry.
* Senior level influence and credibility - ability to engage senior executives both in BI and in external organizations.
* Database architecture and ability to communicate related issues
* Ability to effectively communicate clinical, economic concepts and evidence-based concepts
* Ability to discuss healthcare delivery processes and inter-relationships between different customer-types in the healthcare marketplace.
* Functional in all Microsoft Office platform components
* Ability to travel on short notice
* Excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills are a must
* Ability to travel, up to 4 days per week.
* Other as required
* Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
* Advanced degree in Life Sciences (PharmD, MD, PhD, MS, MSN, DrPH, MPH etc).
* Advanced training and practical experience in outcomes research, pharmacy administration, health economics, public health, or related discipline required.
* Practical experience in disease management processes at the provider, medical group, and managed care levels.
* Significant work experience in a Managed Markets setting is necessary.
* Experience and/or in-depth knowledge of health economics, outcomes research, disease management processes and their application to communicating value propositions and quality improvement strategies to diverse customer and market segments is required.
* Highly developed skill set in data analytics and outcomes research methodology is required.
* Demonstrated leadership, planning, and project management skills.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
- Americas-United States-District of Columbia-Washington
- Americas-United States-Virginia
- BI Pharma/BI USA
Other jobs you might like
National Security Agency (NSA)- Fort George G Meade, MD
Job Description Job Title: Health Promotion and Wellness Intern Program Job ID: 1048709 Location: Fort George G. Meade, MD Occupational Group: 0001 Placeholder Full/Part Time: Pay...8 days ago from National Security Agency
Soliant Health- Rockville, MD
We have a new job opening for the 2014-15 school year near Rockville, MD for a Physical Therapist. The PT will be asked to treat students within the district of all ages. All...4 days ago from Soliant Health
General Dynamics- Herndon, VA
This position is located in our VA, Herndon facility The Health & Fitness Specialist provides assistance to the agency personnel with individual program development and...9 days ago from The Washington Post
700credit- Alexandria, VA
Company Description: 700credit is a non-profit organization committed to creating financially healthier families through free education and resources. We have grant funded credit...10 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Wellth Partners- Washington, DC
We are seekiing Wellness Coaches who are motivated to earn 300K+ in the next two years in the Wellness Industry. We are hosting a special event this Saturday, September 20th at...3 days ago from GetHired.com
WorkInSports- Bethesda, MD
It’s not work. It’s life. Discover inspiring career opportunities and unlimited potential for growth at Equinox. We are the leading luxury fitness and lifestyle company that...21 days ago from WorkInSports.com
Best Practice Research and Consulting Firm- Arlington, VA
We are currently seeking a Managing Director to join our management team who share responsibility for overseeing the Education Division and growing the business to achieve key...3 days ago from IvyExec
Leading Global Consumer Research and Advisory Company- Arlington, VA
Management of 40+ full-time employees and 60+ contract facilitators and designersDevelopment and management of a broad curriculum designed for functional staff and for leaders...25 days ago from IvyExec
700credit- Gaithersburg, MD
Company Description: 700credit is a non-profit organization committed to creating financially healthier families through free education and resources. We have grant funded credit...16 days ago from ZipRecruiter