Audit Senior Accountant - Construction/Real Estate
|Date Posted:||October 1, 2014|
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,500 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 12 largest professional services firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 137 countries, with 27,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently seeking an Audit Senior to join our Madison, WI office as part of the Construction/Real Estate team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience in audit and assurance while serving a variety of clients. As a member of the Baker Tilly team, you will work with a recognized team of professionals who work closely together as a cohesive team, proud of being their clients' Valued Business Advisors.
- Run audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audits and managing to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelors degree with an accounting major and credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam required.
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive auditing experience required. In-charge experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
Other jobs you might like
Baker Tilly- Madison, WI
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and ...30+ days ago from Baker Tilly
Baker Roofing- Madison, WI
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? We are currently seeking commercial roofing Superintendents and Project Managers that are willing to relocate to North ...30+ days ago from Baker Roofing