Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date Posted: July 1, 2014
People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security. But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you. Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the ...
People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security. But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you. Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time. Cigna strongly embraces the scientific evidence that the use of tobacco products is harmful to the health of the user, the user’s family, and the general public. Cigna's mission is to improve the health, well-being and security of the people we serve, which starts with our employees. Starting with job offers dated January 1, 2014, Cigna will no longer hire – where state law permits
- applicants who use tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars and chewing or smokeless tobacco. Currently, these states are: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, MD, MA, MI, NE, OH, PA, TX, UT, VT and WA. If you’re passionate about making a difference one individual at a time, and would like to join the Cigna team, you’ll be screened for nicotine as part of the pre-employment drug screen in states that allow the screening. If you test positive for nicotine, although we won’t be able to offer you employment, we encourage you to check with your medical provider to explore your options and resources for quitting. Once you’re tobacco-free, you may re-apply for jobs with Cigna in [six] months. Cigna offers a Healthy Life Incentive for Cigna Medical Plan participants who live tobacco free. As a result, non-tobacco users pay a reduced premium for their Medical Plan coverage.
* This position will be based in Center City Philadelphia, PA and will report directly to the Senior Counsel – Securities, Corporate Governance and Treasury as a member of the Office of the Corporate Secretary group within Cigna Legal.
* Assist in addressing matters involving securities law, including the preparation and review of filings under the 1934 Act (periodic, quarterly and annual reports, proxy statements and Forms 3, 4, 5 and 11-K) and 1933 Act (Forms S-3 and S-8) .
* Assist in the preparation and review of earnings releases and other public disclosures.
* Liaise with other Legal department resources to ensure effective counsel on securities matters.
* Review investor relations materials and related communications for compliance with applicable regulations.
* Monitor relevant securities laws, regulations and enforcement actions, keeping members of the organization aware and briefed on developing issues.
* Assist in developing and implementing training programs on securities law compliance.
* Provide securities law advice to and work as a team with members of other business units, including Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Investor Relations, Executive Compensation, Shareholder Services and Communications.
* Provide legal support to the Treasury group on facilitation of capital markets and parent company financial services transactions.
* Work with Shareholder Services on maintenance of the Company’s securities transactions and insider trading compliance program.
* Draft any appropriate comment letters on relevant regulatory proposals, and work with other Legal department resources on advocacy efforts.
* Establish and maintain a rapport with business partners within and outside of the Legal department and management at all levels.
* Work on various projects as may be assigned from time to time within the Office of the Corporate Secretary, including Legal, Enterprise or Board of Directors projects and contract review.
* J.D. from an accredited school of law with excellent academic credentials and currently licensed to practice law.
* At least three years of experience as a securities law attorney with a major law firm.
* Outstanding analytical and writing skills, with a strong ability to draft and review legal documents, analyze legal advice and apply legal advice to business needs.
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, consulting and problem solving skills, dynamic and highly team-oriented, including working diplomatically and fostering relationships at all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to prioritize projects, work under time pressure, manage projects and work closely with management and business partners.
* Adept at working in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
* Hard-working, well-organized and detail-oriented. Cigna offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected category including their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Other jobs you might like
Access Group- West Chester, PA
Location: West Chester, PA This is a junior level position provides legal counsel to the Company with respect to its operations and general legal affairs. Reporting to the Vice...11 days ago from Access Group, Inc.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission- Philadelphia, PA
* Back to Search Results * Next * Previous Supervisory Trial Attorney * Salary: $139,599-$233-000 * Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA * Job Type: Permanent, Full time *...20 days ago from eFinancialCareers Ltd
EnerSys Delaware- Reading, PA
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over twenty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000...30+ days ago from TheLadders.com
Confidential Posting- Philadelphia, PA
About Us Our company is an estate and financial planning services company focused on the post-retirement market. Our objective is to assist our customers and their families by...2 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Diedre Moire- Philadelphia, PA
Details Description: P&C Insurance Litigation - Attorney Manager - Philadelphia, PA Manage and lead a staff counsel operation for a major P&C insurance...30+ days ago from Diedre Moire
Dow Jones - Entertainment and Media Industry- New Jersey
Company Overview:When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and...8 days ago from VelvetJobs
Premier IP Staffing Consultants- New Jersey
Patent Attorney - 16728GP This leading technology company is currently seeking a Patent Attorney who offers flexibility and the ability to accept new and exciting challenges in a...15 days ago from Get Patent Attorney Jobs
Firmenich- Princeton, NJ
Firmenich is the largest, privately-owned company in the fragrance and flavor business, ranking amongthe world’s largest in the industry. A family-owned Swiss company, Firmenich’s...12 days ago from ZipRecruiter