Devops MySql Database Technologist/ MYSQL DBA [Reference Id : 560]
|Date Posted:||August 6, 2014|
MySQL DBA, Amazon web services, Shell Scripting (Bash)
2+ years of recent directly-related work experience in a professional DBA and/or DatabaseDevOps position.
Required Skills & Other Requirements:
- 2+ years’ of recent work experience in supporting, administrating, troubleshooting , and tuning of MySQL databases with a demonstrated thorough knowledge of MySQL 5.6, including, but not limited to, a working knowledge of the various MySQL utilities ; a working knowledge of the innoDB storage engine and its affect/limits on table, index creation and management; an in-depth knowledge of various database objects creation and maintenance , and the requisite security, access privileges to same; a working knowledge of the various logs and their usage; a working knowledge of monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving replica database performance anomalies; a thorough knowledge of the various instance parameters governing overall database performance; and a thorough knowledge in identifying and resolving poorly executing SQL.
- 1+ years’ experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client-facing roles.
- 1+ years’ MySQL database and application support, including tuning, PL/SQL, and SQL replication.
- 2+ years’ experience using monitoring tools and instrumentation to proactively ensure optimum platform and application performance.
- 1+ years’ scheduling system experience.
- Exposure to Linux system administration.
- Strong SQL tuning skills.
- Experience with database performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Strong knowledge of database architecture design, including data partitioning and application partitioning.
- Experience in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Linux/Unix command level experience and build automation knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of bash and shell scripting in a Linux environment with recent multi-year, hands-on experience.
- Intense focus on quality.
- Knowledge of data quality, data management, and security best practices.
- Ability to identify, implement and support process improvements to drive higher quality and productivity.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
- Passion for staying abreast of new/emerging technologies, tools, platforms and API's.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills, with a proven ability to logically identify and resolve issues using root cause analysis. Be able to diagnose and resolve production issues quickly.
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Dedication to exceeding customer expectations, always meeting customer requirements in line with project scope within agreed upon timelines and budgets.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction.
Other jobs you might like
Illinois State University- Normal, IL
The Manager of Database Operations and Systems Support is the lead technical position within University Advancement. This position is responsible for comprehensive ...3 days ago from Dice
Career Development Partners- Terre Haute, IN
Database Administrator responsible for all aspects of database design, maintenance, optimization, and data mining. Individual will be responsible for multiple plant databases ...30+ days ago from BullhornReach.com
Carle Foundation- Urbana, IL
The Data Specialist extracts data from a variety of systems and analyzes and reports the data that will be used to assess and improve care and service for all Health Alliance ...10 days ago from Hospitalcareers