Entertainment Tech - Stunt Rigging
|Date Posted:||April 13, 2015|
Looking for a challenge? Stunt Rigging Technicians work on the most technologically advanced live shows in the world. Problem solving, superior technical skills, and possessing the ability to use good judgment under pressure are just some of the key attributes we are looking for in our Stunt Rigging Technicians.
Stunt Rigging Technicians at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Monitoring and enforcing all policies and procedures as defined by the Entertainment Department governing the safe operation of all technical equipment.
- Safe watching guests by ensuring that proper training and direction is provided, and equipment is operating properly/safely.
- Providing proper stage presence during show operations.
- Assisting Technician I with daily maintenance in order to ensure all technical equipment is operational and functioning properly.
- Assisting the Technician I in implementing show quality and performance standards as defined by Entertainment Management.
- Effectively communicating necessary information which pertains to the technical operation of the assigned entertainment venue/event, to both upper management, as well as Team Members of the project.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Stunt Rigging Technician successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED required.
- One to three years experience working as a rigger in a stunt performing environment. Prior experience within the professional theme park/theater industry in a technical stunt capacity assisting guests and/or performers during a live show preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of emergency repair, parts assembly, and forklift operation experience preferred.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Stunt Rigging Technician job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tool or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms. The individual is occasionally required to sit.
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Stunt Rigging Technician job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly exposed to wet, humid conditions (non-weather); and work near moving mechanical parts. The individual is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions; extreme heat (non-weather); and work with explosives.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is very loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Other jobs you might like