Hardware Design Engineer
|Date Posted:||May 15, 2015|
Thanks for considering a career at Practichem. Practichem is redefining an entire industry: scientific instrumentation . We're on a mission to blow the top off discovery by making scientific instrumentation collaborative.
Practichem is the designer of Protein Purification Instruments and Small Molecule Chromatography Consumables, and we are currently seeking a Hardware Design Engineer to design the electronic circuits inside Practichem products. Practichem is committed to providing incredible technology solutions as part of our innovative product offering. Engineers work with our technology team and cutting edge external resources to develop biotechnology instrumentation for pharmaceutical, academia, and government institutions.
Working alongside the best and the brightest, you will continue your professional development by learning world class best practices for software development, and be challenged with exciting projects and growth opportunities. For the right individual, successfully besting our rigorous hiring process means a very rewarding work experience. We use awesome technologies, practices and tools. As part of our team, you thrive by helping others thrive.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will:
- Design microcontroller-based products and assist in writing the firmware that runs on them
- Produce Analog and Digital Circuit Design
- Perform Schematic Capture
- Design electronic circuits that control stepper motors, robotics, capacitive touch sensors, ultraviolet optical sensors, brushless DC motors
- Work with Universal Serial Bus (USB), SPI, I2C and memory buses
- Develop with Altium Designer schematic capture
- Be able to successfully solve problems
- Possess demonstrated ability to teach oneself new technologies
- Select resources (technologies, vendors, components, personnel, etc.)
- Convert schematic to board layout
- Test, debug and retest hardware using firmware code
- Install firmware on target boards
To be considered for this Hardware Design Engineer position, you must have:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Strong familiarity with C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with regulatory safety and electromagnetic emissions standards and testing
- Strong biology or chemistry background a plus
Extra experience counts, too!
- Recent prior work experience with a start-up company very strongly desired
- High tech industry background is a plus
- Highlight any rich alternate experience (cool world travels, art/music activities, the ability to balance a porcupine on your nose!)
What's it like to work at Practichem?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard work are encouraged and rewarded? If you’re a passionate, driven, talented individual looking to join a team of folks just like you, Practichem is the place to be.
Don’t settle for being another cog in the machine. Practichem is built upon people who believe "if you can dream it, you can make it!" As a Practichem employee, no matter what group you’re in, you’ll make meaningful contributions to developing products and ideas at the forefront of scientific and biotech instrumentation.
Life moves fast at Practichem, but that’s how we like it. We’ve got a work hard / play hard culture that’s tough to beat. Your team may stay late to get the job done but still make it to Trivia Night.
We offer benefits like medical coverage. There are also monthly movie nights and a book club. Plus we reward employees who’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty at our monthly bagel breakfast and celebrate birthdays, too with an amazing spread of cupcakes.
Other jobs you might like
Vodastra Technologies - OnSite IT Services- Cary, NC
Company Description: Full Service IT service Firm Vodastra focuses on premier IT On-site services, specialized collaborative technology design, as well as integration and ...9 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Xpeerant Inc.- Raleigh, NC
For almost 20 years, Xpeerant, Inc. has been successfully matching expert talent with some of the most reputable clients in the most desirable markets! Could you get excited ...1 day ago from Dice