|Company:||Salvation Army Kroc Center Suisun City|
|Location||Suisun City, CA|
|Date Posted:||September 24, 2015|
|Source:||Salvation Army Kroc Center Suisun City|
Job DescriptionPosition Title: Lifeguard
Location: The Salvation Army
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
Suisun City, CA
Reports to: Kroc Center Aquatic Coordinator
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The Lifeguard I will monitor activities, observe and provide assistance to swimmers, prevent accidents, protect life and enforce regulations as well as control access to pools, cabanas, and lockers. Provide first aid when necessary. Assist swimming instructors in teaching swimming lessons and other aquatic programs. Position is also required to assist with general facility maintenance and cleaning duties as assigned. Attendance at all in-service trainings required.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Considerately and patiently enforce RJKCCC rules to provide a safe environment for all members, visitors, and employees. Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe areas and actions. Maintain order in swimming areas.
- Must be able to analyze situations and adopt a quick and effective course of action; maintain constant observation of an assigned area to identify any signs of danger.
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Provide first aid, rescue breathing and CPR when needed.
- Inspect and maintain cleanliness of swimming pool areas, locker rooms, restrooms, trash cans, cleaning equipment, aquatic equipment storage areas, and other areas as assigned.
- Maintain records and reports as assigned.
- Assist with swim lessons as directed.
- May work with any aspect of aquatic programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers in person and over the phone.
- Carry out The Salvation Army mission in your actions and words during your employment.
- Perform set up and breakdown of facility equipment as needed.
- Follow and enforce the equipment checkout program. Report defects, necessary repairs, etc.
- See that all equipment assigned to the aquatic facilities is maintained and properly inventoried on a regular basis.
- Must wear standard apparel as prescribed by the Aquatics Coordinator and exhibit a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- Other tasks as required.
1) Education Requirement
High School Diploma
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work varied shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and split shifts.
- Experience working with the public.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate positively and energetically with staff, clients, members and customers. Ability to be self-motivated, work independently and in a team environment. Must also have effective communication skills and engage positively with the public.
- Prior experience as a lifeguard highly desirable.
- Lifeguard training (must include Standard First Aid). American Red Cross certifications are required before start of employment.
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. AED certification highly desirable.
- American Red Cross Oxygen Administration certification highly desirable.
- Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as TSA.
- Have a philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Center and TSA.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education.
3) Physical Requirements
a. Position requires proficient swimming ability and endurance. Must perform the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques. This position requires the ability to properly extract victims from the
pool(s) to the deck, and ability to lift and carry at least 40 lbs., sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, jog, pull, push, balance, reach and ability to use fingers and hands. Position may require operating equipment
such as computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
b. Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of all aquatics areas.To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
I have read the job description above and understand my responsibilities as defined by it:
Employee's Signature Date
Supervisor's Signature Date
Other jobs you might like
The Salvation Army Kroc Center Suisun City- Suisun City, CA
Job Description Position Title: Lifeguard Location: The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Suisun City, CA Reports to: Kroc Center Aquatic ...14 days ago from Salvation Army Kroc Center Suisun City
City of Concord- Concord, CA
The City of Concord is seeking team oriented people to work for the City’s Aquatic Program. Under supervision performs a variety of duties for the purpose of providing for ...6 days ago from City of Concord