Operations Manager- Indian River
|Date Posted:||August 2, 2015|
· Responsible for managing the safe, environmentally compliant, economic, and reliable operation of a coal- fired power plant.
· Direct plant operations personnel to ensure compliance with company, plant, and regulatory objectives/goals.
· Monitor operating unit key performance indicators and metrics to ensure optimal unit efficiency. Develop short and long term plans to improve plant operations and performance.
· Work in conjunction with plant maintenance to ensure maintenance efforts are properly focused in support of plant and unit operational goals.
· Support and lead, plant safety program initiatives. Administer the lock-out/tag-out policy and out-of-service safety clearances for equipment maintenance.
· Serve as the plant lead individual and primary interface with NRG Commercial Operations with issues pertaining to unit operations, including: generating costs, fuel supply and quality, PJM issues, unit availability, and scheduling outages.
· Lead the daily morning communication meeting. Create daily operational notes summarizing each unit’s operational status, equipment problems, unusual events, safety / environmental issues and other pertinent station information. Ensure compliance with expected NRG and plant unit operational reports and GADS event reporting.
· Oversee compliance and integrity of unit cycle chemistry, IWT operation, and management of fuel quality and inventory.
· Coordinate unit and equipment outages with Commercial Operations and plant Maintenance. Assist maintenance personnel in preparation of work lists for major plant shutdowns.
· Responsible for the overall supervision, scheduling, training, development and performance management of operating personnel.
· Complete special plant operational assignments as assigned by the Plant Manager.
· Be available for travel as needed. Estimated travel 5 to 10%.
A minimum of 12 years experience in a power plant, including five years of supervisory experience, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering. Demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills. Technical expertise in plant systems and thermal cycles with proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Proficiency with MS Office and office-based PC program applications. Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage and supervise personnel. Must have strong working knowledge of relevant, environmental regulations, OSHA and NRG safety rules and regulations.
Other jobs you might like