Perl Developer (Internal Systems)
|Date Posted:||February 8, 2015|
Perl Developer (Internal Systems)Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Periodic local and overnight travel
cPanel is growing its Internal Systems Development department and looking for a software craftsman with advanced knowledge of Perl and working knowledge of Linux and FreeBSD operating systems. You'll be tasked with developing, implementing, and maintaining cPanel's internal and external software products. Sound like this could be you? Read on.
These are the essential duties required of the position
- Refactor , optimize, and maintain existing software to perform more efficiently or to work within new constraints.
- Create new software used to support, distribute or maintain cPanel products.
- Perform advanced testing and debugging to identify and resolve problems in existing systems.
- Participate in code reviews and assists other team members with support and analysis of external and internal systems.
- Contribute knowledge from personal analysis to company databases.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
- Adhere to coding and development standards and practices provided by cPanel.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management and company executives.
- advanced technical skills which include:
- Strong knowledge of Perl including: database driven web development, Object Oriented Programming using Perl best practices
- Good working knowledge of Linux and underlying components and hosting related services such as: Web Servers (Apache, nginx, etc), Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail, etc.), and DNS Servers (BIND, NSD, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL syntax and usage
- Familiar with MySQL database administration, including database replication
knowledge of relational database design
- High School diploma or equivalent;
At least two years of Perl development experience
- At least two years of Perl development experience
- Project Management skills - able to perform all aspects of software development life cycle, including requirements, development, quality assurance, and documentation
- Oral Communication - able to speak clearly and effectively to employees and members of management
- Written Communication - able to communicate effectively in all written work, particularly as it pertains to documentation phase of the software development life cycle which requires writing support level and user level documentation
- Time Management - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer knowledge - strong knowledge of word processing software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate the internet
- Problem solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers and customers in professional and effective manner
- Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel , Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
Other jobs you might like
PwC- Houston, TX
PwC/LoS Overview: Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the ...17 days ago from PwC
Saudi Aramco- Houston, TX
Job Title Petroleum Engineering Systems - EXPEC Advances Research Centre (EARC) Position Description Saudi Aramco seek for experienced Petroleum Engineering ...6 days ago from Saudi Aramco
HX5 LLC- Houston, TX
Training Systems Software Engineer Houston, TX HX5 is looking for a Training Systems Software Engineer to fill a temporary position (not to exceed seven (7) months in ...6 days ago from ClearanceJobs
Diedre Moire- Houston, TX
Details Description: Corrosion Specialist - CP System Design - Houston, TX Seeking a corrosion specialist to act as key point of contact for company clientele by traveling on ...6 days ago from Diedre Moire
Saudi Aramco- Houston, TX
Job Title IT Appl/Sys Consultant Division Info Protection Center Div Position Description Position Description DREAM BIG As one of the world’s largest fully integrated energy ...20 days ago from Saudi Aramco