Pool Concession Worker - Seasonal
|Company:||County of Greene PA|
|Date Posted:||February 28, 2015|
|Source:||County of Greene PA|
DEPARTMENT: Department of Recreation
HOURS: Sunday – Saturday as scheduled (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
Seasonal not to exceed 40 hours per week
Starting and ending to be set by management
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
Under general supervision, performs a broad range of duties in food preparation and customer service related work associated with County parks, pools and leisure recreational facilities; and performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
1. Prepare food as directed by supervisor.
2. Maintains and organizes stock.
3. Cleans kitchen including counters, floors, dishes and appliances.
4. Reports to supervisor daily quantity and quality of stock.
OTHER DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Cleaning picnic tables and benches
2. Removes garbage and refills liner.
3. Fills pop machines as directed by supervisor.
4. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Receives instruction from Concession Supervisor. Instruction and/or changes may be over ruled through the chain of command from Recreational Associate, Parks Manager, Parks and Recreation Manager, or Director, respectively, as to work assignments.
- May be assigned duties at various site locations; be subject to call out, or work a varying work week.
- Works in outdoors environment and may be exposed to varying climatic conditions.
- May be exposed to varying noise levels, dust, fumes, pollens, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and rodent control agents.
- May perform work on slippery or uneven surfaces, around moving vehicles and equipment and equipment with moving parts.
- Employees may be required to wear a uniform and will be required to wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment.
- Works indoors in adequate kitchen space, lighting, ventilation and temperatures.
- Normal exposure to indoor dust/dirt.
- May perform work alone or as part of a team.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITIONS:
1. Must possess ability to record, convey and present information, explain procedures and follow instructions.
2. Employees are required to perform tasks requiring a relatively high degree of physical strength and endurance, stand and walk for long periods of time, reach above and below waist level, have bodily movement adequate to climb, stoop, kneel, crawl, crouch and traverse rough uneven terrain, safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds, push and pull mowers and other equipment.
3. Must communicate clearly in person, by telephone and/or radio, have vision adequate to read fine print and visually identify pool clarity.
4. Must have manual dexterity to safely use equipment and tools.
5. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and to concentrate on work. Vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be at least 16 to apply. High school diploma or equivalent. May be required to pass the Serve Safe Certification or an approved accreditation per the County discretion.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE;
Less the six months paid experience in customer service or related field; or an acceptable combination of education, experience and training determined by the County.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be able to speak and understand the English language in an acceptable
manner in order to carry out essential functions of the job.
2. Must possess good communication and interpersonal and customer relation skills.
3. Common safety practices and procedures; and identify common safety hazards.
4. Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with co-workers and the general public.
5. Must possess thorough knowledge of computer skills, modern office practices and procedures and equipment.
6. Must possess thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
7. Must possess the ability to exercise judgment on disposition of problems and the ability to exhibit individual initiative in carrying out assigned projects.
8. Must possess the ability to maintain a variety of records and prepare complete and accurate reports.
9. Must be able to identify chemical and pesticide labels and materials, maintain quantity and quality of, use proper procedures and handling and make the appropriate applications as required.
10. Uses the equipment, materials, power and hand tools used for the purpose of park and recreation facility maintenance.
11. Work odd and irregular hours including weekends and holidays.
12. Acquire the thorough knowledge of County policy and procedures of enforcement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should complete online application at www.co.greene.pa.us
Other jobs you might like