PV Test Engineer Intern
|Company:||Cfv Solar Test Laboratory|
|Date Posted:||December 30, 2014|
|Source:||Cfv Solar Test Laboratory|
About CFV Solar Test Laboratories, Inc.:
CFV Solar Test Laboratory (CFV) is a new photovoltaic (PV) test center jointly owned by CSA International, Fraunhofer ISE of Germany, and Fraunhofer CSE of Cambridge, MA. CFV performs testing of PV modules both for certification (according to North American (UL) and international IEC standards) as well as non-certification testing for performance and reliability verification. The laboratory is located in Albuquerque, NM, and is a state-of-the-art test facility. For additional information please view our website at http://www.cfvsolar.com .
About the Position:
As a PV Test Engineering Intern you will be responsible for helping to develop test procedures, conducting tests and writing reports for performance, safety and certification testing of PV modules of all technologies, including Thin-film and CPV. The measurements will be carried out both indoors with our AAA-flasher and outdoors under natural sunlight. You will also participate in maintaining and improving highly sophisticated PV test equipment. CFV is looking for team players, with exceptional skills in their field, a can-do attitude, and the motivation to make CFV the premier PV test services provider in North America.
- 12-15 hours per week
- Help to develop test procedures for advanced performance testing of PV modules
- Set-up additional test equipment to improve measurement capabilities both indoors and outdoors, such as Spectrometer, constant I-V curve trace capability, MPP power tracking, etc.
- Help execute QM program for ongoing verification and calibration of measurement equipment and reference devices, including SPC charts, cooperating with Fraunhofer, NREL, Sandia and other test labs on comparative measurements.
- Help develop data acquisition and storage systems for flasher data and outdoor weather data
- Conduct statistical analysis on test results, write test reports and review test reports
- Miscellaneous lab and test equipment maintenance
Required Experience and Education:
- BS or MS Studies in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Interest in PV technology and renewable energy
- Computer programming (Python, MATLAB) skills a plus
- Light mechanical shop skills a plus
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Quick and eager learner
- Detail-oriented, methodological work approach
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
Other jobs you might like
CMP - HR- Albuquerque, NM
Company Description: Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Power Transformers and other Electrical and Industrial firms. Job Description: POSITIONS ...19 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Sandia National Laboratories- Albuquerque, NM
Organization 413, System and Component Reliability, has opportunities for system/component reliability engineers to perform reliability assurance and assessment for ...4 days ago from Sandia National Laboratories