|Company:||West - Universal Protection Service|
|Location||Baldwin Park, CA|
|Date Posted:||July 28, 2015|
|Source:||West - Universal Protection Service|
Work for Universal Protection Service , a company that values service excellence, results, and integrity! Universal Protection Service, a Nationally acclaimed company, has grown to be the 3rd largest security organization in the U.S. Don’t miss this opportunity to kick-start your career and work amongst the finest security Professionals in the nation! To learn more about starting a career as a Security Professional with Universal Protection Service , complete an online application today!
The ideal candidate for the professional Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service.
The successful Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified Security Professional applicants will meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may required computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Other jobs you might like
Green Shield Security INC- Anaheim, CA
Green Shield Security INC. - now seeking professional security officers throughout the region. Operating since 2008, we have established ourselves as the leading security ...13 days ago from Get Security Guard Jobs
World Private Security, Inc.- Los Angeles, CA
World Private Security, Inc. is seeking qualified unarmed security officers with the following requirements:- Possess a VALID and current BSIS guard card- Possess a valid ...12 days ago from Get Security Guard Jobs