Sr. Project Manager
Company: Hi-tec Professional Solutions
Location: Memphis, TN
Date Posted: March 11, 2014
Source: Hi-Tec Professional Solutions, Inc
This individual would serve in a quasi Team Lead role for a team that may consist of less experienced Project Managers, Project Engineers, discipline engineers and/or local support staff. This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly with the client’s organization, while in parallel representing the business interests of Plant Engineering Services (PES). It is the expectation that this individual will work hand-in-hand with client representatives to identify business needs, develop business cases, assist in the client’s internal project approval process, develop alternate design solutions and oversee the successful execution of projects. They will also be responsible for identifying on-site PES resource needs (staffing up or down) based on the client’s project volume and mix. As part of project execution strategies, it is the expectation this individual will make every effort possible ...
This individual would serve in a quasi Team Lead role for a team that may consist of less experienced Project Managers, Project Engineers, discipline engineers and/or local support staff. This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly with the client’s organization, while in parallel representing the business interests of Plant Engineering Services (PES). It is the expectation that this individual will work hand-in-hand with client representatives to identify business needs, develop business cases, assist in the client’s internal project approval process, develop alternate design solutions and oversee the successful execution of projects. They will also be responsible for identifying on-site PES resource needs (staffing up or down) based on the client’s project volume and mix. As part of project execution strategies, it is the expectation this individual will make every effort possible to identify and support the use of PES resources from the available regional offices. Job Duties
• Senior level Project Manager overseeing all on site PES activities.
• Work with the client to identify business needs and supporting business cases.
• Support the client through internal project approval processes.
• Follow client specific project requirements.
• Utilize PES project management Best Practices and assure that all projects are executed in accordance with Operating Systems Requirements (OSR). This includes Project Baseline components such the prime contract with the client, project scope of work, project execution plan, cost estimate, management level schedules, risk assessment and project commercial baseline.
• Responsible for assuring that multiple solutions (pros and cons) are considered to address client project goals.
• Identify and support the use of PES execution resources available from regional offices.
• Promote PES capabilities within the client’s organization.
• Assists in the development (mentoring) of less experienced PES resources on site.
• Provide input to PES management on performance metrics and training needs for other on-site PES employees.
• Provide design input directly to small size projects that do not require outside support.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
• Assure system and product quality by defining acceptance testing requirements.
• Responsible for project handover and closure including all requirement documentation and training.
• Prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provides regular updates to client personnel through regular and clear communications.
• Assure that issues and concerns addressed in timely, open and honest manner.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to the overall team effort (PES) by delivering promised results.
• Be willing to accept other (reasonable) client defined duties not covered in this job description. Educational Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited university is required. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is preferred. Other engineering disciplines may be considered based on relevant experience.
• Candidate will be required to take and pass mandatory PES trainingOperating Systems Requirements (OSR), Project Management, Change Management and other core PES training courses. Skills/Qualifications
• Must have and maintain a Professional Engineering license in the state of Tennessee.
• Must have a minimum of 15 years experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer in process related businesses.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the Food & Beverage or Biotech industries as a Project manager or Project Engineer and be able to identify successful projects (schedule, cost, safety).
• Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. A working knowledge of AutoDesk Rivet MEP, AutoPipe is a strong plus, but not a requirement.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Must have a working knowledge of federal, state and local codes as applied to mechanical systems.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of project management principles (schedule, cost, etc.) and common planning tools such as Microsoft Project or Primivera.
• Must have good verbal and written communications skills and be able to present ideas effectively to clients and management.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to function effectively in a small team environment where the success of the team takes precedence over individual accomplishments. Other RequirementsThe candidate must be “local” to Memphis metropolitan area.
• The candidate should view this as a long-term opportunity. However, no guarantees can be given regarding the duration of the assignment.
Other jobs you might like
Verizon Wireless- Arlington, TN
Responsibilities The Engr III Cslt-Proj Mgt/Impl is responsible for managing cross-functional teams in implementing network infrastructure projects. Engineer will work with RF,...30+ days ago from Verizon Wireless HQ IT and NET
AT&T- Millington, TN
Job Location: Millington, TN Zero to four (0-4) years of information technology experience. Installs, maintains, and services IP network and transport services hardware and...30+ days ago from AT&T
Paul Turner Recruiting- Memphis, TN
Job #817: Job Title:Â Project Manager Location:Â Memphis, TN Duration:Â 6 Months plus extensions Rate:Â Â $51-61/HR CTC/1099 or $42-52/HR W-2 (Might be able to go higher for the...6 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Nw Recruiters- Memphis, TN
NW Recruiters is seeking a Senior Project Manager. This role will be responsible for supporting project execution. Primary responsibilities will include: · To manage project...10 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Ameriplan- Bells, TN
#1 Healthcare hiring for two positions, Healthcare Benefit Specialist & Trainee Recruiter A 21 year Healthcare Company is hiring for two positions, Benefits Specialist and Trainee...3 days ago from Get Telemarketing Jobs
Alco Management- Memphis, TN
Other related experience will be consideredINTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPSInternally, the Analyst will work closely with the Regional Property Managers, community managers,...30+ days ago from Doostang
Ameriplan- Memphis, TN
Seeking Healthcare Associates Seeking Healthcare Associates to Telecommute.AmeriPlan, America's #1 Consumer driven Health Care is looking for motivated people who will lead the...27 days ago from Get Telemarketing Jobs
Paul Turner Recruiting- Memphis, TN
Job #811:Job Title: Senior Project ManagerLocation: Memphis, TNDuration: 9-12 Months + extensions (Potential for Perm Hire)Rate: $57-67/HR CTC/1099 or $47-57/HR W-2 (Might be able...12 days ago from ZipRecruiter
Technology Solutions- Jonesboro, AR
Full Time Permanent Position for a large US Company. B-749 ERP Programmer - Epicor ERP Programming Project Management - AR Location: Job is in Jonesboro, AR Domain:...2 days ago from ZipRecruiter