Sr. SW Engineer (L2/L3 developer)
|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted:||June 8, 2015|
Job length: contract to hire
Experienced Senior Software Engineer to develop Switch Products with specific focus on QoS, Multicast, and Data Forwarding. The ideal candidate will architect and deliver software in the data forwarding area. He must have system level as well as component level focus and must work well in a cross functional team.
* Strong knowledge and hands on experience with core computer science concepts algorithms, software designs, functional decomposition, system modeling, complex state machine implementations, inter-process messaging implementations is a must.
* Excellent embedded programming skills and working knowledge in Linux environment with exposure to developing system infrastructure functions is a must.
* Experience with QoS -- policing, shaping, policies, buffer management is a strong plus.
* Experience working with Network Processors, Layer2 and Layer 3 protocols is a strong plus
* Working knowledge with Linux development and debugging tools, scheduling, memory management, etc is a must.
* 5 plus years of hands-on experience software development experience in C programming skills
Experience designing and implementing complex software systems, working with remote teams
* Good L2-L3 networking knowledge sufficient enough to understand enterprise, data center and service provider networks and topologies
* Strong analytical, presentation and decision making skills on System Infrastructure problems and solutions.
* Thorough understanding of software development and test processes.
* Independent, proactive and influential, with good communication skills.
Other jobs you might like