|Company:||Midwest - Universal Protection Service|
|Date Posted:||August 6, 2015|
|Source:||Midwest - Universal Protection Service|
At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional, to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results! Join a company that cares for and recognizes its people. Whether you are an experienced Security Officer, or interested in exploring the security field as a career option, we welcome you to apply! Universal Protection Service currently seeks ?Security Officer for a premier account.
The ideal candidate for the Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service; a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Foot, Bike or Golf cart patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Requirements for this position include the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Other jobs you might like
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center- Pleasant Valley, WV
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Security Officer performs a variety of duties relating to the security of the Medical Center building and grounds to prevent ...2 days ago from St. Joseph's Hospital
Universal Services of America, LP- Maidsville, WV
At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional, to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results! Join a ...30+ days ago from Universal Services of America
Midwest - Universal Protection Service- Maidsville, WV
At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional, to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results! Join a ...30+ days ago from Midwest - Universal Protection Service
AlliedBarton Security Services- Uniontown, PA
**Overview:** **Essential Details:** **Job Description:** **Essential Functions:** Security Officers are the cornerstone of AlliedBarton Security Services. Our officers ...25 days ago from Alliedbarton Security Services
Northeast - Universal Protection Service- Waynesburg, PA
The pay rate is $11 per hour for this position. At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional, to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, ...30+ days ago from Northeast - Universal Protection Service