Simply Hired Finds 70 Percent of Job Seekers Use Mobile Technology for Job Search
Job Seeker Behaviors and Motivations Revealed in “Today’s Job Seeker Report”
Sunnyvale, Calif. – Nov. 14, 2012 – Simply Hired®, a technology company that operates one of the world’s largest job search engines, today released its third annual Today’s Job Seeker Report, which reveals the importance of mobile technology in job search. In the fast-paced, on-the-go lifestyles of today’s job seekers, mobile job search is becoming a way of life, with seven out of 10 people already searching for jobs on mobile devices. While only three out of 10 job seekers have applied to a position from a mobile device, eight out of 10 would if there was an easy application process. These findings are based on a Simply Hired user survey conducted in September 2012, and are included in the Today’s Job Seeker Report, which offers insight into job seeker behaviors and motivations. With more than 30 million unique visitors per month, Simply Hired offers a performance-based recruiting solution that efficiently connects job seekers and employers.
“Understanding the needs and wants of today’s job seekers is a critical element in helping employers find the right candidate for the right job,” said James Beriker, president and CEO of Simply Hired. “The recruiting industry is changing dramatically as online and mobile job search solutions replace traditional methods of advertising jobs. Simply Hired is one of the leading job sites in the world, matching job seekers to relevant jobs and enabling employers to source quality candidates through our powerful search platform and performance-based marketing solution.”
Simply Hired is dedicated to building an online and mobile marketplace in which job seekers can find jobs they love and employers can efficiently source talent. Highlights from Today’s Job Seeker Report include:
• Sixty-four percent of today’s job seekers say “the work itself” makes a job enjoyable
• Nearly half of job seekers define career success by “doing what I love”
• LinkedIn is the most popular social network for the 60 percent of job seekers that use social media in job searches
• Fifty-five percent of job seekers have been hired through a referral
• Eighty-eight percent of job seekers would rather find a lower-paying job they love than a higher-paying job they don't like
• Forty-four percent of parents would choose to work full-time if money and childcare were not issues yet the majority say childcare is more expensive than staying at home
• Religion is the most uncomfortable topic for discussion in the workplace
• The recession has set back the careers of 72 percent of job seekers
• Seasonal jobs will be sought by 40 percent of job seekers
For more information on Today's Job Seeker Report from Simply Hired, download the full report.
About Simply Hired
Simply Hired®, a technology company that operates one of the world’s largest job search engines, connects job seekers and employers through its powerful search engine platform and performance-based job advertising solution. With more than 30 million unique visitors per month, the company provides job seekers access to over eight million job openings across all job categories and industries, reaching job seekers on the web, social networks, mobile devices, email and through more than 40,000 partner sites including LinkedIn, Mashable and Bloomberg Businessweek. The Sunnyvale, California-based company has twice been named a “Top Workplace” by The Bay Area News Group and is privately held with funding from Foundation Capital and IDG Ventures.