Overall Reviews at Progressive
Customer Service Representative | Riverview, FL | Oct 28, 2019
Fun place to work, you will make great friends, but be ready to have the rules bent for some people
- Wonderful place to work.
- The culture is fantastic.
- They work hard to get you to the department/position you feel you are called to
- Very focused on moving you up and around.
- No being tied to your desk, even though it’s a call center. You go to lunch and breaks whenever you like, as long as it’s not in the first or last hour of your shift.
- Gainshare (basically it’s is a bonus that is dependent upon company results) every year is wonderful.
- Lots of freedoms as a rep.
- They are so focused on metrics, they (management) don’t care how the reps get them. Even if it is brought to their attention that someone is not having integrity in their work, and are doing wrong just to meet their numbers, they do not care. Basically it is “if I don’t catch them, it’s not happening”. They certainly do not go looking for something that “isn’t wrong”, in their opinion, because their direct reports meeting their numbers makes them look good...all the way up through management.
- They care less about taking care of the customer, and more about just meeting numbers.
ProsGym on campus for fee, fully staffed doctor’s office on site, culture
ConsBenefits (health, dental, vision) could be better. Favoritism is present
Business Objects Developer | Colorado Springs, CO | Jun 15, 2020
Ugh call center
100 calls a day. Constantly supervised. They offer direct hire and temporary hire. Same job different benefits. Even this review is cumbersome! THE REVIEW is do
IT Systems Engineer | Colorado Springs, CO | Mar 2, 2020
Overall a great place to work but my team has issues
As the title says Progressive is a great place to work but my team has 8 managers for 70+ employees, The managers talk endlessly about issues but never resolve them. It is impossible to give feedback to resources based on their manager. Otherwise work life balance is good and the culture is average.
Auto Appraiser | Honolulu, HI | Feb 12, 2020
Being a Claims Adjuster is very stressful. Taking on the stress of all of your customers as well as personal day to day life. working there does zap a lot of your energy. But it does have rewards too. Helping people in their time of need is very very rewarding.
Special Agent | Riverview, FL | May 5, 2021
Very upbeat and helpful coworkers and management
I enjoyed working there very much. Best company I've ever worked for. I just got overwhelmed with having a blended role over 22 states, which was a promotion I accepted I just should have asked for more help, which was available I just didn't ask.
ProsEverything. I can't say anything bad about this company.
ConsThe drive to work sometimes was stressful.
Commercial Manager | Macon, GA | Oct 12, 2019
Awesome Company to Work For
Great company in regards to family-work balance, great compensation, great work environments, awesome employees. Management is always available to address any concerns
ProsEverything about the compsnyy
Claims Adjuster | Council Bluffs, IA | Jan 20, 2021
Heavy workloads and goals are not achievable. Pay and benefits are very good but you’ll work yourself into an early grave. The stress was enough for me to ha e to go on several new meds.
Claims Adjuster | Altamonte Springs, FL | Oct 19, 2019
Medical Claims Adjuster
6% 401k matching
Work from home & flexible work options
Long work hours
Claims Adjuster | California | Sep 22, 2020
Loved the people there in every roll and location.
Work-life balance at Progressive is hard because there is alot on your plate. Working in California, roles that aren't management are non-salried so if you need to work more than 8 hours a day you get good money with overtime.
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at Progressive are great. GAINSHARE. 75/25 split in mid December and mid January. Amazing extra money for the holiday season. Also their wages are highly competitive.
Job security and advancement
In terms of job security at Progressive, I think are very good. In 5 years there I never saw layoffs.
In general, managers at Progressive are transparent, highly knowledgeable and great at handling customer and employee conflict.
Collaboration with my colleagues at Progressive is amazing. Everyone is willing to help. Also, many locations have committees for things like site events, sustainability, and regional work groups you can join like LQBTQIA and BIPOC.
My experience working at Progressive was fufilling and I miss it.
Customer Relations Representative | Phoenix, AZ | Feb 27, 2020
Good company culture
I worked there for 13 years and have no regrets. The people are nice and very respectful. The salary is competitive in the marketplace. There are opportunities for advancement for well performing employees