Two Companies, One Partnership.
AgileOne is proud to be responsible for placing contingent workers on assignment at Yahoo. We are always looking for talented people who can bring their empathy, creativity, organization, and other skills to Yahoo. It is these unique skills that contribute to their company purpose of connecting people with the things they love. Please join us as an AgileOne employee on assignment at Yahoo —and start connecting today!
*This is a 100% remote position! Must be able to work eastern time zone hours.*
The Homepage team for Yahoo seeks a Senior Editor to join our team to lead, support and help shape the stories watched and read daily by tens of millions of Yahoo users across our desktop and mobile websites on the weekends. The ideal candidate loves News, Sports, Finance or Entertainment -- or all of the above -- and thrives in a fast-paced setting. You know how to succeed in an ever-changing environment by adapting as priorities shift. You always lend a hand to a colleague in need -- especially to help serve the audience -- and bring an enthusiastic, optimistic and solutions-oriented attitude to your work.
- Program the news of the day on Yahoo.com, including curation of content, headline writing, video programming, app distribution and more as needed
- Support breaking news coverage and assignments across a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile, mail, etc.
- Support special projects associated with development and growth, including new module programming, collaborating with editorial, product and other teams
- Help execute coverage plans for tentpole events across a variety of content categories, including News, Entertainment, Sports and more
- Closely track metrics and analytics of content to stay abreast of evolving interests across our ecosystem
- Manage relationships with important publishers and content partners
- At least 5+ years of editorial experience writing or content programming on high-traffic websites
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours: This role will be required to work both weekend days, preferably on a Thursday to Monday schedule.
- Familiarity and experience with complex web content management systems, information architecture and metadata
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professionalism over email and in person
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Google Enterprise, AP style, copy-editing
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $55.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- content curation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote