Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Administrative Assistant job summary
Our quickly-growing service company is in need of an experienced administrative assistant to handle the front desk and support our mobile service department. The qualified candidate will have strong communication skills, a deep understanding of office technology and the ability to work successfully with a variety of individuals. Experience in a service industry is preferred by not required. Candidates with some college will be given preference; proof of a high school diploma/GED is required. To align with our commitment to a diverse workplace, individuals who are: Women, Veterans & Differently-Abled are encouraged to apply. We are an EEO employer.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Administrative Assistant responsibilities
- Handle the routing of incoming calls
- Interact in a positive and helpful manner with customers and employees
- Provide accurate technology support for the Service Department
- Ensure the Outlook Calendar is accurate and remains updated
- Utilize MS Office applications to support the Service Department in maintaining top quality customer communication
- Perform data entry and filing to ensure Service Department information stays accurate and organized
Administrative Assistant requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Administrative Assistant requirements
- 2+ years' relevant administrative work experience
- High School diploma/GED required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Able to provide consistently high levels of customer service