Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Camp Counselor job summary
Local community center is seeking energetic camp counselors to develop and lead educational day camp programs for children under 12. The counselor will be responsible for coordinating and executing day camp activities, and ensuring that each camper has a positive experience. Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with enthusiasm for working with children. We are looking for someone who can be a positive role model and make campers feel safe and welcome during their time with us. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience working with children.
Camp Counselor responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Camp Counselor responsibilities
- Plan a monthly schedule of activities and arrange for the purchase of necessary equipment and supplies
- Set up and execute fun and educational activities for campers
- Lead a group of up to 10 campers while ensuring they are engaged in daily activities
- Clean up camp area collecting trash and debris at the end of each day
- Exercise creativity and problem solving skills to ensure that activities can accommodate the abilities of every camper
- Communicate professionally both campers and their parents
Camp Counselor requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Camp Counselor requirements
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with children
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Proven leadership experience
- Must be able to pass a background check