Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Chef job summary
Our award-winning catering company is searching for a creative and talented chef to join our culinary team. Successful candidates will have experience in fast-paced, client-facing contract dining services setting. We're looking for a unique combination of strong interpersonal skills, combined with unabashed creativity in the kitchen. We specialize in international dining themes and are seeking a chef that uses culinary influences from across the globe. Due to our high-profile clientele, candidates must be able to comply with a drug screening and a criminal background check. No formal education is required, but relevant experience is a must.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Chef responsibilities
- Fostering strong, profitable, and mutually-beneficial relationships with customers, clients, and employees
- Working with the culinary team to conceptualize and execute creative themed menus
- Providing customers with information material, including recipes and brochures
- Maintaining inventory, ordering, and stocking products, ensuring all needed ingredients are available
- Supporting media engagements by making appearances on radio and television
- Cleaning and sanitizing work stations before, during, and after each event
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Chef requirements
- 4+ years of experience as a chef
- 1+ year of experience in a contracted dining or catering setting
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, international culinary knowledge and abilities
- Able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Experience with inventory and food procurement