Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Controller job summary
Our growing startup has an immediate opening for an experience controller to support the accounting department. The successful candidate will work with the CFO and accounting team to create financial forecasts, set goals, and ensure that all financial data is accurate and up to date. Our ideal candidate has a collaborative spirit, proven experience in leadership roles, and strong attention to detail. Must be a certified public accountant and have strong knowledge of financial best practices.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Controller responsibilities
- Create financial forecasts on behalf of the company
- Analyze expense reports, financial statements, and budgets and identify opportunities to be more efficient
- Work with management teams to set realistic short and long term financial goals and objectives
- Stay up to date on state and federal policies as well as accounting best practices in order to ensure company is compliant and policies are up to date
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and ensure all necessary parties are kept informed of the company’s financial standing
- Perform audits to ensure accounting department is compliant with company policies
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Controller requirements
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years experience in accounting roles
- Detailed oriented and analytical mindset
- Previous experience in a management or leadership role
- Knowledge of local, state and federal financial laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset