Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Custodian job summary
Local elementary school seeks a motivated custodian to join janitorial team. You will be tasked with cleaning all areas of the school each day after classes end. This includes mopping and polishing floors, emptying trash receptacles, cleaning windows, and additional deep cleaning as assigned. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and be a self-starter. You will need superior time management skills in order to ensure your assigned areas are completely cleaned before the end of each shift. A high school degree is required.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Custodian responsibilities
- Ensure facility restrooms are cleaned and disinfected regularly
- Mop and polish floors
- Clean up spills and other messes as needed
- Wash windows and doors
- Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and order more as needed
- Empty trash and recycling receptacles and replace bags regularly
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Custodian requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent time management skills in order to ensure all cleaning is completed by the end of each shift
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and best practices
- Must be a self starter and take initiative by identifying opportunities to improve cleanliness
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow instructions carefully