Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Customer Service Manager job summary
Our busy retail store is seeking a customer service manager to oversee the customer service department. You will be responsible for coordinating schedules, mentoring employees, and handling customer issues as needed. The ideal candidate has proven experience in leadership roles and a history of working in a customer service environment. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, an excellent communicator, and has a positive attitude. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
Customer Service Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Customer Service Manager responsibilities
- Oversee the customer service team and provide leadership and coaching when needed
- Professionally handle client issues when they are escalated
- Coordinate schedules and vacation time to ensure that department needs are met
- Motivate and mentor employees in order to meet sales and service goals
- Act as liaison between customer service team and upper management
- Hold weekly team meetings to ensure everyone is up to date on current initiatives and priorities
Customer Service Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Customer Service Manager requirements
- Minimum of 3 years previous management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Skilled communicator and able to provide constructive feedback to employees
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a productive and fair way
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively