Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Charge Nurse job summary
A critical care unit has an immediate opening for a full-time charge nurse who will oversee the daily operation of the unit. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organization skills as they will be required to juggle multiple tasks. The incumbent will work to coordinate unit staff schedules, provide feedback and guidance to staff members, and most importantly, ensure that patience receive a high quality of care. A BSN and at least 2 years of recent nursing experience are required. Previous experience in an administrative or leadership role is strongly preferred.
Charge Nurse responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Charge Nurse responsibilities
- Act as a mentor for other nursing staff members by offering advice and guidance
- Perform assessments, audits, and evaluations of team members to ensure quality of care standards are being met
- Oversee the daily operations of the unit by assigning staff members to each patient
- Create weekly schedules and maintain supply inventory
- Work with patients and their caretakers to create treatment plans that meet their needs
- Collaborate with Nursing Director to ensure the unit is following proper standards and procedures
Charge Nurse requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Charge Nurse requirements
- Valid Nursing license
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflicts professionally
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- 2+ Years recent nursing experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask