Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Construction Manager job summary
An established home building company is seeking an experienced and organized construction manager to oversee construction projects on behalf of the company. You will be in charge of coordinating each construction project from start to finish, including ordering materials, hiring subcontractors and ensuring work is completed on time. Superior organization and time management skills are essential for success in this role, as each project consists of many moving parts. Previous experience in a project management role, preferably in the construction industry is required.
Construction Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Construction Manager responsibilities
- Oversee construction projects from planning stages to completion
- Obtain necessary work permits needed for construction
- Coordinate the purchase and delivery of all necessary materials and equipment
- Inspect the project regularly to ensure construction is on schedule and being completed according to plan
- Act as a point person for individuals involved in the project
- Coordinate and hire necessary subcontractors to assist with construction
Construction Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Construction Manager requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or similar field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management or leadership roles
- Previous experience in construction management is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to resolve problems efficiently
- Strong time management and organizational skills are essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of building and construction codes and regulations