Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Construction Worker job summary
Construction company is seeking motivated construction workers to assist teams with site prep, material hauling, and other labor tasks as needed. Tasks will vary from day to day but will involve operation of hand tools and power tools as well as heavy lifting, and building structures. Our ideal candidate is self-starter who works well with a team and is capable of following instructions. You should have familiarity with basic tools and come to work each day with a positive, can-do attitude. Previous experience working on construction sites is an asset.
Construction Worker responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Construction Worker responsibilities
- Construct concrete forms, scaffoldings, ramps and platforms to facilitate construction
- Demolish unnecessary structures and clear the construction site of debris
- Unload and carry building materials as needed
- Dig trenches and holes, or fill holes as needed
- Help prep the construction site for building
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools, such as shovels, hammers, drills and saws
Construction Worker requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Construction Worker requirements
- Follow instructions accurately and ask for clarification when needed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds daily
- Excellent work ethic and always willing to lend a hand to a coworker
- Experience mixing and pouring concrete
- Knowledge of common construction tools and best practices