Anchorage Sleep Center is seeking a full-time Insurance Verification Specialist for our busy midtown medical office. We are a full-service sleep disorders center dedicated to serving the community with unparalleled patient care. Our staff is devoted to providing knowledge, caring, and understanding to all of our patients.
- Contact insurance companies for eligibility verification and benefits details.
- Analyze various payor eligibility responses to find the information needed to complete verifications.
- Work with patients to obtain complete and correct insurance information, discuss eligibility results and alternative payment methods.
- Obtain prior authorizations / pre-certifications if needed.
- Research and follow up on pre-certification and claim denials, engage with clinical staff, providers and patients in order to submit necessary documentation or appeals when appropriate.
- Ensure all documentation required by payers, including but not limited to CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, provider identifications, primary and secondary insurance, patient demographics, insured identification, and dates of service are complete and correct.
- Obtain and record patient payments as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into appropriate systems for each patient, according to established standards.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Answer a high volume of calls, emails, and maintain a rapid response rate with appropriate documentation of all encounters
- Keep all patient details and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times
- Assist in billing or front office projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year of experience in medical office setting, billing or insurance verification preferred.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with patients, insurance companies, vendors and others in a clear, positive, and professional manner
- Ability to interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of software programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, use of email, Internet.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in the absence of supervision.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
Company's Facebook page: