Occasions Catering in Washington DC has an immediate opening for a Creative Director/Unit Marketing Manager
Must have PR/marketing background with a luxury caterer, hotel or food related company
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!A vision for creating remarkable eventsFOOD FIRST. INSPIRED BY INGREDIENTS. GREAT SERVICE.About our CompanyRecognized as Washington DC’s top luxury caterer, Occasions has set the standard for creative, bespoke and thoughtfully catered events. Since 1986, we have served the area’s most distinguished social and corporate clients, and in the most prestigious event spaces, making Occasions the trusted name for fine catering and events.This position provides creative direction for the brand, develops marketing strategies that meet business goals and increases overall visibility of the company and its off-shoot brands.This individual works with senior leadership, department managers, the sales team and R&D to drive business growth, innovation and promote products and services.Work in collaboration with the Director of Sales + New Business to develop and maintain a creative approach to strategic communications, content creation, social media, analytics, and digital marketing.On occasion, assist the sales department with unique and memorable client presentations, branded gifts and take-aways.In many social settings, this position will be the face of the company, brand and its employees.
Job SummaryESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development and execution of an annual strategic PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications plan that supports business goals and promotes programming, experiences and offerings.
- Act as a subject matter expert to enable insight-led decision-making, create impactful integration, and develop messaging and storytelling opportunities.
- Understand the local catering marketplace, key consumer trends and competitive landscape to devise Marketing and PR communications strategies that drive competitive edge and market share gains for the operation.
- Create annual planning calendars covering all aspects of marketing strategies, Social Media and special holiday initiatives and campaigns ensuring activities are relevant and timed to support the operations goals and timelines.
- Monitor and contribute to all Social Media platforms.
- Creative assets and marketing collateral, proposals, client presentations, content development, photoshoots and video shoots
- Demonstrate a proactive nature of constant improvement in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with the Director of Human Resources on all employee events and charitable outreach programs
- Support and mentor marketing team members for success through training and collaboration.
- Manages and maintains marketing budget.
- Works to create a seasonal series of menu collections to make client menu/event planning more streamlined and efficient.
- Supports business development and RFPs, when needed and available
- Maintains up-to-date awareness industry trends and company updates.
- Supports, as needed with special proposals and visuals for RFPs
- Manages PR communications and media relations, and maintaining key relationships with stakeholders, attending networking and trade events, as needed.
- Manages advertising, placement, campaign development, and relations.
- Supports R&D with initiatives related to new product and service releases (photography/video/ads only)
- Supports other departments for creative needs (packaging, paper goods, etc.)
- Works with local television and print media to promote features of Occasions including; unique staff, innovative food and beverage and the facility itself.
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management
- Digital marketing, social media, e-mail marketing
- Planning and directing photoshoots and video shoots
- Food/photo styling
- Vendor management
- Visible in the DC market
- Web and packaging experience
- Understanding of best practices for graphics/layouts
- Proven experience, demonstrated creativity and flexibility
- Time management, multi-tasking, project management
- Manage budget and track expenses
- Minimum 5-years experience in hospitality marketing, public relations
Associates at Occasions are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Occasions maintains a drug-free workplace.About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
- Location: 655 Taylor Street, Washington, DC 20017Location: 655 Taylor Street, Washington, DC 20017
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $82,500.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Catering Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Luxury Brand Marketing/PR: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location