Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice, Inc./Loudoun Abused Women's Shelter (LAWS), seeks a part-time After Hours Advocate. LAWS is a nonprofit organization located in Leesburg, VA, that provides services to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
The Advocate is a member of the Domestic Violence Services/Shelter Services and Sexual Assault Services Teams and is responsible for evening, night and weekend Shelter and LAWS 24-Hour hotline coverage. Currently, the following shifts are available: Wednesday overnight 9pm to 7am; every other Saturday 4pm to 9pm; and substitutes for overnight and weekend shifts
LAWS is an equal opportunity employer.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Respond to hotline calls and provide crisis intervention, support, information, and referrals to hotline callers.
- Respond to requests for shelter and arrange shelter for callers when appropriate.
- Respond to requests for forensic medical exam accompaniments and coordinate with advocates and on-call staff to ensure service requests are met.
- Complete LAP call follow up services for high danger victims.
- Assist in training Hotline volunteers and new night/weekend staff, when necessary.
- Participate in Shelter night and weekend coordinator meetings to receive training and provide support to staff answering hotline calls.
- Enter hotline calls and services provided into VAdata daily.
- Maintain and complete statistics and records as required by the agency and funders.
- Complete agency training for new staff as well as on-going training as directed.
- Assist and interact with shelter clients, as needed when time permits.
- Sort and store donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Psychology; Counseling, or associated field.
- One year’s experience in crisis intervention, victim support, information & referral services
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Previous hotline experience preferred
- Clear background, sex offender registry, and CPS check required for successful candidate
To Apply: Send COVER LETTER and RESUME
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- hotline: 1 year (Preferred)
- Crisis Intervention: 1 year (Required)
- Shelter: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: