- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PALS Certification
- BLS Certification
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TX > HOUSTON > ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Major responsibilities are: - Clinical Management: Ensures the effective delivery of nursing care. Ensures specialty needs of services are met. - Quality Assurance/Research: Ensures compliance with established quality standards. Utilizes current research in practice - Human Resources/Financial Management: Manages clinic staff productively, and Assists in budget development and maintenance, Assists in performance appraisals. - Communication/Patient-Guest Relations: Provides a caring environment in support of CHI St. Luke's mission and values. Proactively strives for excellence in customer satisfaction. - Professional Practice/Professional Development: Assumes a leadership role in development of a professional practice. - Productivity: Monitors clinic utilization and unit staff efficiency.
Education and Licensure Required:
Registered Nurse; based on location assignment may also require BLS/ACLS/and or PALS
Starting January 2016, new hires must have Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline or 3 years' experience in the discipline or Master's Degree and no experience
Minimum three (3) years experience in discipline
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
multitasked excellent telephone skills good delegation skills
1. Coordinates the progression of the clinic schedule. Reviews the schedule and plans for needed resources.
2. Consults in a variety of patient care situations requiring advanced competency and knowledge.
3. Serves as a clinical resource for problem solving and assist staff with patient related issues and emergency situations.
4. Acts as a liaison to other departments and multiple patient care services and Ensures special requirements quality nursing care for the patient.
5. Serves as a role model to develop staff competence in the delivery of nursing care based on national professional standards, and hospital wide policy and procedures.
6. Recognizes non-compliance and demonstrates correct application of hospital policy and procedures; refers to Policy and Procedure Manual as necessary for problem solving.
7. Assists in cost management, including product evaluation, prevention of waste and damage, room utilization, control of overtime, and appropriate staff mix.
8.Assist the physician and or Nurse Practitioner with examinations and procedures.
9. Obtains physician orders for the administration of all medications and records in patient record.
10. Will assist with phlebotomy as necessary.
11. Calls prescriptions to pharmacy and refills all prescriptions under the direction of the physician.
12. Writes prescriptions for take-home medications for physician's approval and signature.
13. Maintains a copy of current medication list on the patient chart.
14. Triages patient to the appropriate level of care based on information provided by the patient (whether in person or via the telephone).
15. Using protocols and independent judgment, Provides patient education and advice to patients via the phone or in person, ranking patients according to urgency of need, directing them to further care as necessary.
16. Facilitates unit-based QE program/projects. Sends representative to QE meetings; follows up with staff and Assists in implementing recommendations.
17. Investigates and follows up on incident reports and patient complaints. Records and evaluates trends with manager.
18. Evaluates patient care based on national and hospital standards.
19. Supports and Participates in unit-based research projects based on QE data. Develops and Implements plan of action to enhance quality based on the data. Completes the QE process. Ensures staff participation in QE.
20. Integrates research findings into clinical practice and unit education programs. Assures education of staff to new findings and Implements necessary changes. Posts research articles, minutes of meetings, research findings and policy updates.
21. Evaluates and update the quality and appropriate use of department and unit tools, such as policies and procedures of the unit and department, supplies, equipment.
22. Promotes philosophy of shared governance and individual accountability of the professional nurse. Encourages participation of staff in scheduling, assignments and outcomes management.
23. When designated, acts as Manager in manager's absence
24. Coordinates staffing: a. Assists in developing unit schedules. b. Assists with unit staffing coverage to ensure quality patient care. c. Oversees staff and orientees assignments in collaboration with clinical educator. Observes and documents clinical competency of staff in collaboration with the clinical educators. d. Assists in cost-effective staff utilization. Promotes efficiency in room turnaround time. Assists Manager in reassigning employees as necessary to improve productivity and to balance the workload. Evaluates staff and ancillary personnel as a resource consultant. e. Utilizes documented and observed staff competency in procedures, equipment, and age-related skills in staff assignments.
25. Assists Manager with interviews, hiring, coaching, and counseling staff; can assist with counseling and documentation.
26. Assists Manager with annual performance appraisals. Provides verbal and written feedback for employee appraisals.
27. Completes management reports as designated.
28. Assists Manager with budget process. Assists in prioritizing capital budget items.
29. Assists staff in implementing clinical pathways and outcomes management.
30. Assists Manager and staff in unit problem solving through meeting agendas for group discussion and establishing task force as needed.
31. Promotes positive group dynamics as leader and member.
32. Attends job fairs and meetings. Projects and promotes positive image of nursing internally and to the public.
33. Maintains communication with patients, families, staff, physicians, and other departments.
34. Provides constructive feedback to staff and orientees.
35. Chairs/Co-Chairs unit meetings.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0245106
Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center