Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize sales, create brand awareness and ensure effective internal and external communications.
1. Coordinates and implements marketing communication projects that include public relations, advertising, creating brand awareness, and special events management.
2. Coordinates promotions including selecting and ordering promotional items and overseeing the design, printing, mailing, and delivery of promotional materials.
3. Writes and produces written communications tools.
4. Writes advertisements, press releases and public service announcements, occasionally, to facilitate overflow work of copywriters.
5. Provides video camera work, editing, script writing and production for public service announcements and/or promotional videos.
6. Identifies target market and purchases advertising space for magazines, newspapers, and radio.
7. Ensures nation-wide attention and awards by staying current on award contests and working with the Design and Marketing areas to enter these competitions.
8. Assists in marketing surveys, research projects and focus groups from initial questionnaires to compiling information.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related area, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). One year of related experience and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in accounts payable and receivable; and knowledge in all phases of production, such as types of paper, typesetting, printing, design, direct mail, and advertising concepts may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Preferences Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary