Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
As we continue to build out our People Team, we are seeking a Learning & Development (L&D) leader. At Glassdoor, continuous learning & development are a critical part of enabling our employees to grow in their careers and to be valuable Glassdoorians. For this reason, we are committed to building out a comprehensive set of Learning and Development opportunities.
The Director of Learning & Organization Development will lead, develop and implement all organizational development and talent management processes for Glassdoor. This individual will be expected to design and implement initiatives to develop organizational capabilities that enable and support the business strategy. Working closely with the senior business and People leaders, this individual will provide leadership in the areas of employee development, manager effectiveness, leadership development, strategy alignment and deployment, change management, team development, organization design, and talent management. Talent Management consists of needs assessment, retention, development, coaching and succession planning.
Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will lead and manage the Senior L&D Specialist and together you will continually assess learning needs, evolve development strategies, create and deliver learning content and increase the power of their delivery. This is a strategic role that will evolve as Glassdoor grows.
- Partner with business leaders, Glassdorians, and People Team Partners to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen our company and prepare it for the future
- Develop and drive a comprehensive learning strategy for Glassdoor, inclusive of: New Hire Orientation/Onboarding, employee development, manager effectiveness, leadership development, and executive coaching
- Support organizational development strategy in partnership with business leaders and HR Partners
- Set the long-term strategy and define Glassdoor's global approach to diversity and inclusion
- Identify and implement people development solutions
- Design & support team performance workshops as required
- Provide leadership in the area of career development, which includes developing new tools and programming to support our talent strategy
- Serve as the key point of contact for organization development and work with the business, strategy development and deployment, systems alignment activities, and talent management activities
- Design and execute initiatives to accelerate organizational and team performance
- Support the business in building manager and leadership capability within the organization through the talent management process. Accelerate leader effectiveness as they transition between roles and are promoted within the organization.
- Drive an integrated Talent Management strategy which includes needs identification, acquisition, selection and assessment, executive and leadership development, and succession planning. Create development plans and programs that drive functional leadership, ensure that the right people are being hired for key positions and that the current staff is receiving the appropriate development.
- Develop an organizational wide leadership development strategy that encompasses front line to executive level employees. Deploy learning and development resources as appropriate to support the development strategy. Establish measurements systems for the learning and development strategy.
- 10+ years Learning and Development experience in a fast paced, complex, global Company with a demonstrated history of success in leading change, talent management and achieving results. International experience is desirable.
- Capable and confident communicator with very strong personal presence
- An individual who has a strong bias for action, builds relationships and is able to lead others and share knowledge.
- An individual who is humble and understands the need to honor and validate the existing culture before attempting to make change; someone who is willing to ask questions and learn vs. telling and doing.
- Ability to contract with business clients to identify and prioritize work.
- An individual who thinks strategically and can establish, articulate and implement a vision for the organization as it relates to human capital.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of organizational design and development, change management concepts, tools and methods and leadership and talent management principles and processes.
- Practical experience providing formal/informal coaching and development, as well as facilitation, in all areas of leadership, but particularly in change management at the individual, team and organizational level.
- Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism; understands all aspects of how a business operates, able to develop and articulate the value proposition of a new strategy, process or program.
- Excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills, the ability to integrate and align strategy, people and activities across functions, processes and teams. Able to translate vision and strategy into clear actionable goals.
- Strong project planning and management skills
- An individual with experience in a technology, product, or two-sided marketplace environment is preferred.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.