Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
CDK Global’s Flex engineering team is looking for Architect with a passion for their craft to join our growing team. This is a unique role which will have a material impact on the success and quality of a new software product with enormous growth potential. Flex is highly visible within the organization and provides excellent growth and development opportunities. If you like fast-paced environments, engineering challenges, participating in key engineering decisions, and want to leave your personal mark on a software product, the Flex team is right for you. Architect will be responsible for defining/designing and developing strategies to fulfill high level business requirements for global platforms, products and services.
- Leads strategic and tactical infrastructure initiatives by designing, building and managing complex systems.
- Own end-to-end architecture vision & roadmap for the system to support the strategy
- Gather feature requirements for various product development teams and engage the team in planning and execution based on feature requirements
- Understand and be accountable for the financial implications of the design
- Use prototyping, test plans, and other means to validate that proposed architecture meets defined requirements.
- Plan what the system is going to look like in year 1, year 2 etc. and define achievable transitions
- Be hands-on, especially with the initial implementation work
- Plan for the integration of new technologies
- Ensure all non-functional aspects of the platform are addressed; including scalability, security, maintainability and supportability
- Continually monitor current state, business direction & technology trends to ensure the platform direction is sustainable
- Identify opportunities for technical innovation that add value to the platform
- Assist in establishing and embedding data management and governance processes
Collaboration & Communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, equally comfortable engaging with and presenting to senior stakeholders, including C-level, as well as writing code alongside software engineers
- Work closely with architects from across the organisation to ensure alignment with the broader technical strategy
- Work closely with other platform teams/project management/release management that may be dependent on/impacted by changes in the platform scope or technical implementation
- Experience in defining and implementing strategies
- Ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately
- Previous experience as an architect, senior or lead engineer
- Knowledge of offerings from AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience working within agile led environments
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.