- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Time Management
- Microsoft Word
- Conflict Management
The reasons to work at MultiCare are as unique as the people who do. Join us for the professional challenges you seek. In the settings you prefer. With schedules that fit your life. Learn more at www.multicarejobs.org
The Personal Health Partner –Coordinator (PHP-C) is part of an interdisciplinary care team consisting of physicians, clinical professionals and social workers to assist in the cross continuum approach to hospital transitions. This position will be a key component to achieving collaborative practices that exemplify MultiCare Health System’s commitment to patient centered care, community engagement, and focus on transition of care for patients with physical and behavioral healthcare needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Post-secondary coursework, preferably in a health related field; or 1 year experience in a health care setting, preferably in clinical role such as medical assistant, certified nursing assistant or EMT
Bachelor’s degree highly desirable
Experience in utilization management, community resources, and/or financial and quality issues affecting patient care desirable
– Ensures that the division’s mission, vision, and values are actualized
– Provides exemplary customer service to the patient, family, physician, and care team members
– Models and orchestrates consistent, professional communications and maintains consistent and proactive communication patterns with colleagues and staff
– Establishes rapport and relationships with hospital staff and leaders, community physicians, physician practices, and post-acute providers
– Responds positively to change
– Accountable for outcomes
Patient and Family
– Ensures that the patient and family experiences are seamless and have safe transitions of care
– Ensures that patient and family engagements are an integral and essential component of the care delivery process
– Advocates for patients and families
– Partners with and supports physicians in patient care activities and care transitions
– Engages physician partners in care improvement and resource management activities
– Develops significant market savvy, ensuring that services and interventions address the needs of the market demographic, and are sensitive to cultural and ethnic practices and beliefs
– Understands community health challenges and works with leadership, staff and colleagues to develop and implement practices, education programs, and other strategies to improve the health of the community and to promote continuous improvement in health status across the continuum
Care Facilitation and Coordination
– Coordinates follow-up appointments based on transition needs identified by the PHP and Provider. Collaborates with the MultiCare Access Center (MAC) to schedule appointments appropriately. Researches patient insurance and informs the MAC about patient insurance as part of follow-up process.
– Follows the MHS “No Doc” process accurately to ensure appropriate primary care follow-up
– May review Important Message from Medicare (IMM) and Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON) letters with patients
– Communicates with patients and families about follow-up needs, appointments, etc. Completes follow-up appointment in AVS for patients and delivers that information using Teach Back.
– Assists PHP with obtaining placement in the community for long-stay patients. Communicates with Adult Family Homes, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Detox beds and other community agencies for patient placement.
– Assists PHP-SWs with coordinating Tele-psych sessions for patients.
– Assists with arranging transportation and completing necessary documentation.
– Assists patients/family members with completing FMLA paperwork.
– Answers or directs patient questions and concerns to appropriate care team members.
– Synchronizes care with all providers and colleagues.
– Interacts with consulting physicians, PHPs, PHP-SWs, and other healthcare providers to facilitate throughput.
– Works with staff, physicians, and colleagues to eliminate avoidable days. Documents avoidable delays.
– Collaborates closely with PHP-Social Workers and PHP colleagues on all aspects of care delivery.
– Works quickly to address barriers and challenges associated with cross continuum care coordination and engages colleagues and staff in hard wiring appropriate solutions.
– Accountable for accurate and timely documentation.
– Actively participates in staff meetings, patient care conferences and community or organizational initiatives as appropriate to ensure safe patient transitions.
– Responsible for assisting with the setup, break down, cleaning, and tracking of remote monitoring equipment.
Assessment & Analysis
– Identifies and acts upon opportunities for, improvement of care and processes.
– Maintains constant awareness of performance and service outcomes, inclusive of financial, operational, process, value, and relational coordination measures.
– Immediately addresses deficits as they are identified.
– Assists physicians, PHPs, hospital or post-acute teams and community partners in analysis, intervention and resolution activities to ensure safe transitions of care.
– Collaborates with physicians and colleagues to develop a plan of action to promote appropriate utilization of resources across the continuum.
– Provides feedback that will enhance payer negotiations.
– Will work with nursing to make appropriate phone calls for remote monitoring patients.
– Contributes to the success of the organization by meeting organizational competency expectations and core values (respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence, collaboration and kindness), continuously learning, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned.
– Adheres to MHS Attendance and Punctuality Policy and Procedure standards. Maintains reliable attendance.
VALUES BASED BEHAVIORS:
– Respect: Seek first to understand
– Integrity: Do the right thing
– Stewardship: Live lean
– Excellence: Be your best/Act for safety’s sake
– Collaboration: Team up
– Kindness: Create warmth and comfort
MIMIMUM QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Information and Decision Making
? Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ability to assess, problem solve, and effectively make decisions within the scope of practice
? Learns quickly and is able to mine useful information and data from multiple sources
? Comfortable taking measured risks
? Can quickly focus in on the mission-critical agenda
? Leads people well through teaching, role modeling, challenging, supporting and communicating
? Communicates and works effectively in highly matrixed settings
? Warm, friendly and interpersonally agile, easy to approach and talk with
? Behaves consistently with a core set of values, beliefs
? Strong conflict management and negotiation skills
? Creative and visionary approach to problem solving
Effective Use of Self
? Excellent time management skills
? Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment
? Ability to adjust to changing job demands
? Acts with integrity in adversity
? Self insight, self-development
? Enthusiastic and high energy, drive and ambition
? Understanding of the healthcare industry and business
? Understanding of the payer industry and business
? Writes and presents effectively, and adjusts content for the audience
? Addresses challenges head on and quickly, through resolution
? Microsoft Outlook
? Microsoft Excel
? Microsoft Word
? EPIC or other EMR equivalent