Full Job Description
Do you have a passion for working with students one-on-one? Do you have experience teaching or tutoring? Have you mastered organization, time management, studying, and test-taking? Do you enjoy showing others how to organize and plan? If you answered yes, then Illuminos is right for you!
At Illuminos, we focus less on specific subject-tutoring and more on the executive functioning skills that allow students to be successful both in and outside the classroom. We are looking to add new coaches to our fabulous Coach Team!
Interviewing NOW for immediate part time opportunities in Loudoun, Montgomery and Fairfax Counties!
If you are a smart and charismatic professional, educator, teacher, or coach with a passion for working with students 3rd -12th, apply to join the Illuminos Team!
PAY: $25 - $45 per hour
APPLY HERE: https://www.illuminos.co/apply
At Illuminos, we teach Executive Functioning skills, including Organization, Time Management, Study, Note, and Test Taking Skills, and Impression Management that includes self-advocacy, written and verbal communication skills, and how actions leave impressions on others. With our research-supported and proven curriculum, we help our students not only with school but with life skills that they can take with them as they grow into adults.
As a coach, you will have the opportunity to work with wonderful students, families, seasoned executives and peers who offer both support and personal growth. We offer competitive pay and mentoring from our leadership team to allow successful outcomes with students and families.
We provide one-on-one, in-home, academic coaching and tutoring services for students in 3rd – 12th grade, including those managing learning differences (e.g., ADHD, Dyslexia, Anxiety, Processing Delays). Our unique coaching program emphasizes emotional intelligence and empowers students with Executive Functioning tools so they can be more independent, responsible, invested, and rewarded for their own success.
Consistency, communication, and working with others in a student’s circle of support are essential to the success of our students. Therefore, we include the opportunity to connect teachers, parents, school counselors, case managers, therapists and other educational and medical professionals to facilitate teamwork and provide the best support for each student.
We are originally from Houston, TX, and expanded to the DC Metro Area in 2016. We have been helping students master skills necessary for school and life for more than 13 years and are continuing to do so!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Tutoring, mentoring, coaching, and/or teaching experience with students between grades K-12
- Strong Executive Functioning skills
Training & Certification
- We provide paid training and certification on our curriculum and methodologies.
- Ultimately, you will bring your own unique experiences together with our proven curriculum to help students achieve success and great confidence by mentoring students to achieve their academic and life goals.
· Additional Details:
- Hours: After school, evenings and some weekends; flexible with your schedule
- Client Age Ranges: Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Attire: Casual
- Cover Letter: A brief cover note is ONLY required if your fit with Illuminos is not clear through your job application and resume.
If you would like to be considered, please apply at https://www.illuminos.co/apply.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $45.00/hour
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $45.00 /hour
- elementary, middle or high school education: 1 year (Preferred)
- 7 - 11 months
- 1 year
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity: