The Field Sales Representative is responsible for developing sales strategies and attracting new customers for Diesel Forward. The FSR will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing revenue and profitable sales by managing and negotiating with customers, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and/or services. As an outside sales representative, they will also research sales competition and share market data with the team. This position requires frequent travel in our New Mexico/Arizona/Texas territory.
Key Departmental Responsibilities
- Close sales using various customer sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations, etc.)
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Evaluate customers’ skills and needs and build productive long lasting relationships.
- Meet personal and team sales targets.
- Research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads.
- Attend meetings, sales events, and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry.
- Report and provide feedback to the sales and marketing team using statistical data.
- Maintain and expand a customer database within your assigned territory.
- Utilize the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System to store and retrieve customer data.
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Assist other employees in and out of the department.
- Provide feedback on system changes/needs.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
All Diesel Forward employees shall exhibit the following:
- Attendance and dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication/listening: The employee communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Relationships with others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, coworkers, and individuals inside and outside the company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Safety and security: The employee actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality and continuous improvement: The employee promotes organizational effectiveness by anticipating and dealing with problems. Encourages others to suggest improvements to work processes, and persistently focuses on quality, as well as on results. Seeks ways to improve productivity and effectiveness by identifying sources of mistakes and determining or suggesting a course of action to prevent their recurrence.
- Teamwork: The employee is a team player who contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates openly and honestly and can be counted on to fulfill commitments made to others.
Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Sales expertise, product knowledge, and the ability to positively manage customer and vendor relationships is required. Must have the ability to use Microsoft software including Excel, Outlook, and CRM modules. Time management and organization are essential to this role. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to work cooperatively with all employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
Job Type: Full-time