John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. Whether you’re a university student seeking an internship, an experienced professional or a skilled tradesman, we offer exceptional career building opportunities. Our talented, diverse workforce is what allows us to provide the very best products and services to our customers. We value our people and encourage brainstorming, collaboration, and continuous improvement, while enjoying a challenging and exciting work environment.
Provides logistical service. Arranging transport of inbound and outbound parts and materials to site in coordination for Manufacturing, Spares, Warranty, Install and Project Management. Negotiates motor carrier contracts and maintains system wide routing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrange transport of inbound and outbound parts and material to serve Manufacturing, on schedule at lowest possible costs, from both domestic and international vendors.
- Arrange delivery of spare parts, installation parts and warrantee parts in coordination with Spare Parts and Project Management, to both domestic and international sites.
- Arrange delivery of finished equipment to installation sites, on schedule, as set by Project Manager, to both domestic and international sites.
- Arrange delivery of parts, material or finished components to installation sites, on schedule, as set by Project Manager, to both domestic and international sites.
- Track such shipments with inter modal carriers to insure on time delivery.
- Plan outbound loads to insure compliance with regulations for transport through all municipalities and states, and compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Track and Invoice daily shipments.
- Quote on both Domestic and International jobs.
- Create and supply Int’l documentation based on compliance and Federal regulations per country requirements.
- Hazmat certification –offsite training and certification to arrange transport and complete documentation for hazardous materials.
- Research of Inbound and outbound freight invoices. Approves and process through VTM (Virtual Transportation System).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the potential to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
: Two year Associates Degree preferable from accredited college, preferably in Logistics; or 5 years applicable experience in the motor freight, manufacturing or transportation industry. Familiar with both Domestic and International shipping requirements.
: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
: This position requires the following computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Team Center and Syteline.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, usually spends 15% of time in a heavy manufacturing environment where the noise level is loud.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.