- Basic Computer Skills
- Management Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fightbusiness and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, and Moscow.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHTPASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position is responsible for routinely conceptualizing design solutions and presentation approaches, while directing designers and photographers assigned to artwork. This position will effectively communicate assignment objectives through visuals, while meeting overall brand requirements. The Creative Director is responsible for collaborating with the Vice President, Global Brand Creative, the Creative Operations Manager, and the design/photography team, as well as stakeholders in other company verticals (Marketing, Production, Sponsorship, Public Relations, Operations) to lead and create an effective integrated brand experience.
1. Leads conceptual development and storytelling for Fighter A vs Fighter B event creative.
2. Develops artistic concepts in a collaborative setting, utilizing best practices and global trends for various platforms, including: key art, traditional print, email, digital signage/display, digital media buy, venue branding, and various social media platforms
3. Collaborates with production teams to create continuity in marketing deliverables.
4. Collaborates with partners on Fighter A vs Fighter B branding and content opportunities.
5. Works alongside Vice President, Global Brand Creative to ensure event creative aligns with overall brand strategy and goals and ensure executions meet UFC brand standards, deadlines, expectations, and budget.
6. Develops creative for UFC brand events (VIP Events, Fan Experiences, Partnership Events, Internal Events).
7. Focuses on building digital capabilities across applicable assets and initiatives.
8. Works with Creative Operations Manager to manage Creative Services, GPA, and other verticals within department budget; finds cost savings where applicable (print vendors on contract).
9. Presents creative concepts and storylines to executive management for discussion and approvals.
10. Well-versed in all team projects to ensure design solutions are on strategy, on brand, and deliverables are met on time and with high level of quality.
11. Collaborates closely with internal brand creative team leaders, Creative Operations Manager, and cross-functional teams to drive themes and storylines as well as visual consistency across functions.
12. Helps contribute to operational processes and workflow as team scales globally.
13. Brings a high level of design standards, practice, and aesthetics to all design solutions and executions.
14. Maintains knowledge of current trends, color, and materials relevant to the design discipline.
15. Knows design holistic strategies and solutions across all mediums.
16. Delivers strong designs during rapid, iterative processes and multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment.
17. Possesses strong communication skills to build partnerships with internal marketing and partnership team.
18. Provides creative direction for photo shoots and attends when necessary.
19. Cultivates a creative and collaborative environment. Motivates and inspires creative team members through brainstorm and tutorial sessions.
20. Attends meetings as assigned and provides creative input based on information from the Vice President, Global Brand Creative, brand initiatives, global trends, and company positioning.
21. Reviews and approves creative deliverables from internal teams and external partners based on direction from the Vice President, Global Brand Creative, and executive management. Ensures that specs are reviewed and proofed for accuracy and brand standards.
22. Ensures files are set up to requested specs for print or digital delivery.
23. Pre-screens, interviews, and makes hiring recommendations, alongside Vice President, Global Brand Creative and Creative Operations Manager. Evaluates and counsels assigned employees.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
2. 8+ years of experience at an agency or in-house setting.
3. 6 years of management experience.
4. Advanced knowledge of photography, print, and digital specifications, production requirements, paper stocks, and printing/finishing techniques.
5. Marketing experience is a plus.
6. Knowledge of UX/UI, mobile app, email marketing, and web design.
7. Advanced creative problem-solving and typography skills.
8. Advanced accuracy and proofreading abilities.
9. Advanced organizational skills.
10. Exceptional attention to detail.
11. Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photography, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
12. Computer literate in a Mac environment.
13. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
14. Ability to lead and mentor a team.
15. Ability to manage time independently and multiple jobs simultaneously.
16. Ability to work with already established visual identity and brand standards.
17. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external teams, executive management, and business contacts.
18. Ability to effectively communicate in English, orally and in writing.
19. Ability to maintain discretion and protect confidential information.
20. Desire and ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
21. Professional, self-starting, “get-it-done” attitude and work ethic.
22. Fluency in a second language is a plus.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.