Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The IT Relationship Manager serves as the primary engagement point and liaison between the Regional CIO or Site Director of Adventist IT and appointed service area(s) to develop technology strategies aligned with business strategy, process new IT requests, participate in the planning and analysis of new IT solutions, serve as the primary point of communication for assigned areas, and coordinate the delivery of new IT solutions as appropriate. The IT Relationship Manager also ensures that facility service area customer issues and escalations are managed effectively on a day to day basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior the core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Leads stakeholder (internal and when appropriate external) IT planning and strategy meetings.
- Assess new IT requests to determine appropriate course of action in context of AHS Strategic IT initiatives, current software standards, and existing AHS policies and procedures.
- Research and analyze new technology solutions and compile work product to support the IT decision-making process.
- Develops customer-specific IT strategies into roadmaps and work plans for appointed areas utilizing various tools.
- Builds and manages relationship with customers as the primary point of contact for the business to ensure IT solutions, communication and priorities are aligned with business strategy.
- Demonstrates an in depth knowledge of Adventist IT and assigned areas to identify and communicate how existing IT solutions can support business needs.
- Leads discussions with senior management regarding technology trends and how best to take advantage of them as part of the strategic technology planning process.
- Educates stakeholders on IT governance processes and ensure compliance.
- Provides input to assigned oversight committee on prioritization of AIT initiatives based on organization’s needs, strategy, IT workload and budget.
- Liaison between assigned areas and IT by understanding the day-to-day working and decision-making process of the business.
- Participates in short and long term planning sessions with customers to understand, assess, prioritize and validate business demands and requirements through direct interaction with business stakeholders
- Develops and provides proactive analysis for opportunities to develop and grow the business through effective IT solutions.
- Collaborates with the Adventist IT Team and business leaders to develop and implement forward-thinking improvements that advance Adventist IT’s ability to deliver IT solutions and with a high degree of efficiency and quality.
- Determines how planned Adventist IT solutions will impact existing business processes and systems and manages their integration and develops risk mitigation plan and approach where appropriate.
- Promotes business knowledge of IT process, roles and procedures.
- Acts as a broker of IT services with both internal and external resources and negotiates IT services and service-level agreements (SLAs) for assigned areas where appropriate.
- Successfully deals with senior users in sensitive or critical areas, influencing senior management on key issues in the business units and working with Adventist IT colleagues and leadership to address issues to the satisfaction of participants and is highly regarded by user personnel at all levels.
- Work closely with the Adventist IT team to understand progress against plans and manage client expectations accordingly..
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of Adventist IT and in order to comply with facility policy and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Four-year degree in an IT, Business or Healthcare field OR
- A minimum of four years of related IT and/or consulting work experience managing complex IT projects in medium to large size matrix environments.
- Recognized expert and authority in relationship management.
- Recognized expert in IT strategic planning.
Recognized expert in solving business problems
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMSS) Certification
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with executives.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and achieve departmental goals.
- Able to assess and identify departmental opportunities associated with the use of technology/automation.
- Ability to supervise the activities of staff to meet deadlines and resolve problems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of solving problems quickly and accurately
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Jul 17, 2018, 2:33:12 PM