Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Coordinator (AC) will triage and respond to sensitive inquiries from students, faculty, administrators, and family members regarding University resources and policies and procedures administered by Student Conduct and Community Standards (SCCS) in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The AC will also provide administrative and operational support for SCCS leadership with the administration of the Dean's Discipline process and the Gender-based Misconduct Policy and Procedures for Students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides operational support to SCCS leadership in the facilitation of the Dean's Discipline process and the Gender-based Misconduct Policy and Procedures for Students. This support includes, but is not limited to:
- A daily review and processing of incident reports from Maxient (Columbia University's student conduct database system);
- The creation and management of a weekly incident report and case spreadsheet;
- The creation, organization, and maintenance of sensitive student disciplinary and case records in compliance with departmental standards;
- The assessment of incident reports for potential violations of policy based on policies and procedures and the assignment of charges, concerns, or tags in compliance with federal, state, and institutional guidelines (Clery, Enough is Enough, etc.);
- The preparation of electronic correspondence (notice letters, appointment letters, follow-up hearing letters, etc.) and other case-related materials (appeals, record requests, etc.);
- Scheduling and conducting intake and file review appointments while serving as the primary point of contact for students involved in disciplinary process;
- Scheduling various appointments for parties involved in a disciplinary matter or investigation;
- Participating in Dean's Discipline hearings or other disciplinary conversations as a co-hearing officer or note taker; and
- Responding to inquiries and other correspondence from students, faculty, administrators, and family members.
Apply at Jobs at Columbia:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year