$26.82-$34.87/per hour, DOE
Spring/Fall 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday – Friday
Summer 7:30am – 6:00pm Monday - Thursday
some evenings and weekends are required
Supervises the media services technical support unit. Plans, directs, implements, and provides AV Technologies for classrooms, conference halls, and outside events. Provides support services for distance learning or other instructional programs and for college classrooms, conferences, and special events .
40% - Media Support - provides classroom support; repairs and troubleshoots equipment; provides computer support for instructional technology, streaming video, video conferencing, and during special events.; analyzes, evaluates and advises on new technologies; instructs faculty and staff on AV equipment and specialized media technologies
30% - Plans, organizes, researches, specifications, designs, and installs AV Technologies equipment and infrastructure such as; media cabling, digital signage, audio systems, data projectors, projection screens, lecture capture solution, flat panel monitors, smart boards, etc.
15% - Audio and Video Production - Creates and edits original video projects for Information Technology, Marketing, and faculty, providing any media assistance needed
15% - Supervises, reviews, and evaluates media staff, installations; verifies inventory and tracking; implements new technologies
Associate’s Degree in information technology or directly related field, four years of technical experience in area directly related to assignment including two years of lead work or senior level experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
1. Three (3) years' experience with planning, research, procurement, design, installation, and project management of AV technology including knowledge of industry standards, best practices, emerging AV technologies, and infrastructure
2. Three (3) years' experience with Streaming Video during special / live events, video conferencing, and Media servers. Experience with Digital Signage (Four Winds Digital Signage or comparative solutions)
3. Two (2) years' experience with supervision, employee evaluation, and budget management related to media staff, including overseeing of A/V equipment procurement, installations, and inventory management & tracking
4. Experience with directing and overseeing the escalation and/or resolution of issues and customer concerns (repairs/troubleshooting) for classroom Audio/Visual support and instructional technology; knowledge of Crestron or comparative Audio/Visual presentation system
5. Experience with Video Production, creation and editing of original video projects for Information Technology, Marketing, faculty, or Staff.
6. Understanding of Network Technologies (TCP/IP, DHCP, Cabling, basic network switching,..etc.)
7. Experience with Windows OS, Mac OS, and computer Imaging (Desktop, Laptop, and/or Server based imaging)
Special Working Conditions
Viewing of a computer screen for a prolonged period of time, may be required.
Occassionally, may work outdoors in a variety of termperatures; and/or experience exposure to cold temperatures.
Will be required to work in an area of light to heavy noise levels daily
May be required to lift or carry up to 50lbs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, full or part time and name of employer for each position.
Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
***All applicants selected for interviews will be required to provide and present a digital portfolio with an example of edited video they have done.
Posting Close Date
First Review September 4, 2018. Open until filled
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.