About your role:
FANDOM is seeking a UX Research intern to join our team and support our product development efforts working with a team of Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineers. We’re looking for smart, intentional and friendly problem-solvers who want to better understand the user needs and behaviors of pop culture fans worldwide.
You will work closely with our VP of Design as well as other product designers and product managers to research, plan, and conduct, and analyze qualitative and quantitative research studies. You should be interested in the intersection of pop culture and online communities, with a desire to learn more about what drives participatory experiences online.
- Gather insights about customers from a variety of research methods, such as surveys, interviews, diary studies and usability studies
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner
- Work closely with the product teams to help them use research insights to improve the overall FANDOM user experience
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our customers
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in human computer interaction, cognitive psychology, information science, statistics, data science, or a related field, and graduating in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Experience conducting user research.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.