We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Scaling schooling excellence as we rapidly grow is an imperative. To further position the organization to do this, Success Academies is prioritizing the continued build-out of a scalable, technology-enabled model for operating and managing its schools by establishing a School Management Services capability that is intended to deliver an enhanced set of services to better support our network schools. A key pillar of School Management Services is Data & Analytics - data science, analytics and reporting combined represent a critical function to enable our enterprise to be truly data-driven. An enhanced Data & Analytics capability is needed to put in place a baseline of actionable management reporting that adheres to high reporting standards, generates standard and ad-hoc reporting, and performs meaningful analytics.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Data & Analytics, the Associate Director of Enterprise Data & Analytics will be responsible for:
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment and managing day to day project activities and tasks;
- Manage, own, track, escalate, communicate and coordinate problem resolution and escalation processes up to problem resolution;
- Provide front-line primary support to end users on various issues and problems relating to data and reporting;
- Responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA;
- Actively engaged with the user community by soliciting feedback on the delivered solution and areas of improvements; and
- Design and develop effective and engaging training for end users on delivered solution and ensure seamless transition.
Establishing Analytics Standard Methods & Tools
Collaborate with internal team members and business partners to:
- Define and implement the standard methodologies and tools required for advanced analytics;
- Ensure data cleanliness and accuracy; and
- Help establish data governance and management strategy.
Deliver High Quality Data Analytics Solution
- Work with key stakeholders to gather reporting requirements, identify data gaps and analytics needs;
- Define and manage internal/external Enterprise KPIs;
- Based upon a growing understanding of how we assess the operational performance, proactively and on-demand, analyze data for any noteworthy trends and early warning indicators;
- Produce data analytic products that allow School Management and Academics to address school performance risks before the risks become actual issues and continuously improve scholar and school performance;
- Prepare and support in the communication of insights to Schooling Management, Academics, SA Boards, and key stakeholders - emphasizing clarity, completeness, and actionability; and
- Assist in building the roadmap to be able to perform different type of schooling analytics:
- Descriptive Analytics - what has happened, and what is happening?
- Predictive Analytics - what will happen in the future?
- Prescriptive Analytics - what actions should be taken to address a given gap / problem?
Managing and Leading
We’d be excited to hear from you if:
- Work closely with the Director of Schooling Data & Analytics, determine the requisite team structure and roles that will deliver the desired level of analytics to support School Management, Academics and our enterprise at large;
- Set forth clear expectations, roles and responsibilities for team members and hold them accountable for delivering agreed upon outcomes;
- Give clear feedback and offer support (e.g., one-on-one coaching, experiential learning and training opportunities) to continuously develop team members; and
- Effectively manage progress against goals, issues and risks, and proactively asks for help when needed.
- You exhibit exceptional analytical skills that are used to see through the data and draw meaningful conclusions and trends;
- You proactively identify issues, gaps and data anomalies and provide resolution;
- You effectively communicate and are adept at translating data into findings that are easily understood by target audiences;
- You pay attention to the details;
- You can establish a vision of excellence and inspire, motivate and develop a team of data analysts/developers to deliver against that vision; and
- You are an eager learner who takes on-board feedback, and are excited to continuously develop professionally to achieve your potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/