FSI Banking & Capital Markets- Commercial Excellence and Experience Senior Manager
An effective IT strategy should enable IT to operate like a business rather than a cost center. We work to understand overarching business strategy at a deep level, going far beyond the C-Suite to uncover insights. We create solutions that are sharply focused while taking the full operating model into account, from people and intellectual capital to technology and processes. And when it comes time to put technology to work, we bring a demonstrated depth of knowledge to solution design, selection and implementation.
Work you’ll do
As an IT Strategy practitioner, you will use the alignment of business and IT Strategy to help clients take advantage of changing market forces and trends. Our practitioners advise, develop and execute effective IT visions, strategies and roadmaps, in direct alignment and support of client business and technology objectives. Our Firm’s IT Strategy areas of focus include IT Strategy Transformation, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Advisory, and Application Strategy, Selection and, Rationalization.
Customer & Marketing
The Customer & Marketing Offering Portfolio integrates our most differentiated, globally recognized customer and marketing businesses. It focuses on owning the commercial agenda through growth strategy, enhanced user experiences, and engagement through the entire customer lifecycle. From our core strengths in creative design, to strategy, platforms and solutions, as well as our continued growth through acquisitions, we are uniquely positioned to bring fully integrated solutions to our clients.
We are all consumers and personal marketers. This reality is what makes the Customer & Marketing Offering Portfolio so exciting. What we deliver in the market each and every day directly impacts who we are as customers. We are able to deliver on outcomes for the very products and services that we have the privilege of engaging with ourselves.
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements
- A minimum of 4 full life cycle implementations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- 5+ years’ experience in IT strategy or IT management roles
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing teams of 5+ resources through design, development, and/or operations of
complex technology environments (programs, applications, systems and/or infrastructure)
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing technology assessments and developing strategic recommendations
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging information and technology
- Bachelor’s Degree
Senior Managers are required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Strategy & Transformation– Advise, develop and execute effective IT visions, strategies and roadmaps, in direct
alignment and support of business and technology objectives.
- Enterprise Architecture – Deliver effective blueprints that guide the key technology decisions of why, what, when, and
how to build technologies that ultimately deliver required business enablement, alignment and value.
- Agile Advisory – Support clients in adopting Agile at scale across their organization through training and coaching and
provide support to overcome the organizational, governance, culture and people challenges associated with such a
- Application Strategy, Selection and Rationalization - Evaluate application and package investments and solutions to
support business needs, enterprise strategy and go forward plans aligning client application initiatives with business
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Understanding and experience with IT economics – including popular financial measures (such as CFROI, TCO etc)
- Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT
- Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques (ITIL, ITSM), as well as IT management
tools (e.g., Mercury, PlanView, ProSight, Niku)
The Financial Services Industry focuses on the most pressing issues in Financial Services, including rapid changes in customer needs, technology, increased globalization, and financial regulations.
The Banking and Capital Markets sector serves Universal and Regional Banks, Capital Markets / Securities Firms and Payment Networks with US Operations. The team concentrates on delivering customer insights, core growth and digital strategies, operational transformation, human capital and technology modernization services to bank executives. We Help clients with regulatory reform, technological modernization, customer insights, competitive dynamics, and market growth opportunities.
Commercial Excellence & Experience
Our Commercial Excellence & Experience team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the “creative digital consultancy” real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.