A graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Baccalaureate required in nursing.
Masters degree strongly preferred.
Minimum of 4 years experience in the field of practice.
Previous leadership experience required.
Experience with organized labor strongly preferred
Current Massachusetts license as RN
Department certification as appropriate. BCLS.
Exempt, 40-hour position
M-F with occasional weekend but also includes 24-hour accountability for department
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Directs, supervises and maintains a high level of nursing care and a safe environment for all patients cared for within the department
- Implements and monitors compliance with patient care and professional standards established by the department of nursing, state law and regulatory agency
- Provides effective visionary leadership in the development of policies, procedures, and protocols that are to be used to integrate systems, coordinate tasks and effectively change delivery systems to reflect today's healthcare environments
- Prepares and justifies annual operating and capital budget requests based on projected unit needs and goals
- Develop and implements cost containment strategies
- Develop unit staffing patterns to match OR schedule
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with hospital departments providing support services
- Participates in various committees
- Demonstrates effective use of verbal, non-verbal and written communications skills
- Works cooperatively/collaboratively with physicians
- Interviews hires and fires staff
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development and practice
- Participates in the development and implementation of the unit, nursing, departmental goals and objectives
- Develops professional goals to maintain and expand clinical and managerial competency
- Supports the goals, values, philosophies, and objectives of the Hospital and maintains compliance with the standards for service excellence
Beverly Hospital, A member of Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Required)