Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
As a Software Engineer at Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will be part of an agile team contributing to the development of operation and monitoring software solutions for embedded devices in the building automation space.
- Design, implement, test, support, and improve software applications for building automation components and sub-systems.
- Define and communicate technical, design and test requirements to ensure high quality solutions.
- Develop and run unit and automated tests to ensure quality standards are met.
- Collaborate with cross disciplinary teams to ensure high quality solutions for our customers
- Finding opportunities to improve code quality and efficiencies in refactoring existing code base.
- Participate in sprint activities such as planning, story elicitation, estimation and retrospectives to further empower the team and its goals.
- Collaborate with Sr Engineers, Architects and Product Owners to implement solid software solutions.
- Follow and apply software design patterns and principles.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to troubleshoot and resolve field issues, applications and bugs.
- Collaborate in an international, multi-site development environment using Agile methodologies.
- Follow documented Siemens development processes. • Participate in prototyping, pair programming and code reviews.
- Self-motivated to learn and constantly improve development skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Basic Qualifications :
Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideally 1-3 years of experience in Object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C#
Script languages such as bash, python or shell o Source code control and application lifecycle management systems such as Git, Git branching, Jenkins, merge requests, code reviews
Working in and applying Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, Kanban and SAFe.
Unit and Automation Testing
Applying problem solving techniques to troubleshoot and correct issues.
CI/CD practices/implementation o Understanding and applying software design patterns and principles.
Optimizing code for efficiency while keeping high quality standards.
Good To Have
Reading and creating software design diagrams (UML Diagraming, Viso, Enterprise Architect)
Requirements gathering and estimation techniques.
Testing methodologies and best practices.
BACnet is a plus o Containerization (PaaS) technologies such as Docker.
Test frameworks such as Protractor, Selenium or Cypress are a plus.
Code analysis and monitoring tools to enhance software code base is a plus.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.