Manage public information activities and advise Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) clients of opportunities that promote and advance the office/division/department goals including assisting in 1) writing and/or editing content for publications and electronic/web products, and 2) producing public information materials, and 3) communicating plan development. Facilitate DEED media relations by writing, editing and coordinating production and distribution of news releases; develop communication plans that promote news coverage of key DEED initiatives.
Coordinate media relations and public information activities for DEED clients; Contribute to the implementation of department-wide plans to raise awareness of DEED's programs and economic development issues and initiatives generally; Prepare speeches, presentations, briefing materials and related items for the DEED Commissioner, Deputy Commissioners, Division and Office Directors, and others.
Organize and coordinate and/or participate in news conferences and other public presentations; at the direction of the Marketing Director and/or Communications Director, involving department or division actions or policies, or other economic development and workforce issues.
Provide technical assistance and consultations to DEED division management and staff on public information issues.
Work on updating agency web content, when appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
Three (3) years professional level experience in public relations, business communications or social communications demonstrating the following:
- Experience with web content management and/or editing content for print and web publications.
- Knowledge of journalistic and public relations principles, practices and techniques.
- Work well with the news media, following up on reporter's requests and promoting news stories about the department.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and techniques of presenting information to the public.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines and balance multiple demands simultaneously.
- Customer service skills, ,able to communicate effectively with external and internal customers.
- Effective application of writing in AP style.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence with internal and external clientele
- Experience in multimedia content production.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Ability to develop culturally-appropriate communications strategies that meet the diverse needs of DEED customers.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain deadlines.
Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It includes contact with the applicant's current and/or former employers.
A Criminal Background Check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. A criminal conviction will not automatically remove you from consideration for employment.
When the position requires travel and the applicant drives a state owned or leased vehicle, a driver's license and record check will be conducted.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sue Zeches at email@example.com or 651/259.7107..
The Department of Employment and Economic Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application and search tools, please contact Karen Lilledahl at 651-259-7089 or Karen.Lilledahl@state.mn.us. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.