Who we are: nextSource is a national workforce management firm providing contract and direct hire employees to prestigious universities, Fortune 500 clients, and high growth tech firms.
What we're searching for:
Contract to hire site reliability engineering manager for the management, planning, operations, and business continuity of all servers, databases, High-Performance Computing (HPC), and research computing. You will design, develop, integrate, deploy, maintain, and support computer technologies to deliver enterprise and research applications. Lead in developing and implementing technical policies and processes.
Act as an Incident Manager responsible for the resolution of any large scale outage. Approve all production changes. Support and engage with the DevSecOps teams to help staff complex projects.
- Perform systems administration tasks to ensure systems are properly secured and maintained.
- Oversee the VMWare, Linux, Windows, Load Balancer, Cloud (AWS/GCP) systems, and repair, replace and improve as needed.
- Develop and maintain service level agreements
- Help set the strategic direction for the technical team and work with IT leadership to plan and set priorities within the IT department and the business
Chain of Command
This position reports to the Chief of IT Operations. Reporting to this position are eight full-time staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with relevant course work in software engineering, programming, or related field(s).
- Master’s degree in software engineering preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in systems operations and engineering.
- Requires excellent knowledge of systems administration (esp. Linux/Windows) and a thorough understanding of IP networking.
- In-depth knowledge of security policies and procedures and network systems appropriate to large-scale installations in university environments is essential.
- 2-3 years’ experience with supporting cloud-based infrastructure (AWS or Google) is required.
- Graduate degree highly desirable.
- Experience with high-performance research computing systems a plus
- Desired Personnel and Department Management
- Long term contract with benefits available after three months: medical, dental, PTO. The contract has an option to hire.
- Location is Washington, DC NW, easily commutable from Arlington, VA, and surrounding areas.
- All applications will receive a quick review and response.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60.00 to $69.00 /hour
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply